IGNORED

Groundshare 07/08

headhunter

Putting aside all the "we don't want them contaminating our ground" arguments I think it could be in City's intrerest to have Rovers at Ashton Gate next season after all.

When we said go away to them about a month or so ago no one could have envisaged that they would have been in League 1 in 07/08. In my opinion it is a whole new financial ball game now they have got promoted.

Let's assume Gas go to Cheltenham where they could get an average gate of 3000 [and restrictions on away support - remember next season there's Forest, Leeds, Swindon, Swansea as 'big' games. If they came to our place I think an average of 7000 could be achieved.

Here are the numbers [all net of VAT!]

Average gate uplift by being in Bristol 4000 x 23 games x £20 ticket price = £1.84 million

Rovers guarantee City £950k to have the ground for the season and give 50% of whatever comes in over the average for the season - if they do well [average goes to 8000] this could be worth another £250k.

The club are planning to spend £500k on the pitch this summer - this is a bit of a compromise like the stand ; £800k would get the type of pitch that could stand 46 league games plus say 4 Rugby specials.

Maybe it's too late to change the type of pitch but I would be on the phone to Rovers on Monday and offer them this deal as we could make an extra £1million which is not to be sniffed at when we have our multi millionaire Chairman say "THE CLUB MUST STAND ON ITS OWN FEET FINANCIALLY".

£1MILLION is the equivalent of 4 players on £5k per week the figure being put forward as the average wage for players at a level we are goping to have to compete with.

So, good idea or not?

Putting aside all the "we don't want them contaminating our ground" arguments I think it could be in City's intrerest to have Rovers at Ashton Gate next season after all.

When we said go away to them about a month or so ago no one could have envisaged that they would have been in League 1 in 07/08. In my opinion it is a whole new financial ball game now they have got promoted.

Let's assume Gas go to Cheltenham where they could get an average gate of 3000 [and restrictions on away support - remember next season there's Forest, Leeds, Swindon, Swansea as 'big' games. If they came to our place I think an average of 7000 could be achieved.

Average gate uplift by being in Bristol 4000 x 23 games x £20 ticket price = £1.84 million

Rovers guarantee City £950k to have the ground for the season and give 50% of whatever comes in over the average for the season - if they do well [average goes to 8000] this could be worth another £250k.

The club are planning to spend £500k on the pitch this summer - this is a bit of a compromise like the stand ; £800k would get the type of pitch that could stand 46 league games plus say 4 Rugby specials.

Maybe it's too late to change the type of pitch but I would be on the phone to Rovers on Monday and offer them this deal as we could make an extra £1million which is not to be sniffed at when we have our multi millionaire Chairman say "THE CLUB MUST STAND ON ITS OWN FEET FINANCIALLY".

£1MILLION is the equivalent of 4 players on £5k per week the figure being put forward as the average wage for players at a level we are goping to have to compete with.

So, good idea or not?

No

Its Rovers! end of story

We have a chairman who now has money and will make boat loads of extra revenue through season ticket sales etc

Send them to Cheltenham

Where do you live ?

I live in Bedminsterl and don't fancy seeing the area turn into a war zone every other week!

Could you imagine gas heads drinking in the 3 lions , plough and windmill, the luckwell, cuba ice.

No amount of money is worth having those filhty scum coming to our ground.

So, good idea or not?

Pay a million quid to play at the B&Q warehouse?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I've done a piece already (link below) which was written a while ago, is on the ST Website and that was shortly prior to SL's rejection which deals with this and, just for fun, I've done another that will be on there shortly about another subject that came up in the media on Saturday, amalgamation or one team in Bristol.

I'll say no more :innocent06:

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000296.shtml

Oh, God, NO!!! We'd have to completly de-contaminate the ground everytime the sags played here in front of 5,000 or so (Leeds, Forest, Swansea, Swindon & Yeovil excepted)

Hell should freeze over looooooong before we let them in.

Definitely, positively NO. They've decided to rebuild their ground and create a problem for themselves. Why should we help them out? They're our biggest rivals. Let them sort out their own mess and suffer the consequences. It's their own fault for selling eastville to the greyhound company in the first place. We owe them nothing.

Archived