IGNORED

Terry Cooper Sacked By Southampton

Eddie Hitler

Sacked unexpecteddly after ten years service; he's been the European scout for Southampton and lives in Tenerife.

He is EXACTLY what we need this summer, he will have detailed expert knowledge of the hundreds of players GJ has said agents are touting to him.

And as he's a City legend who did marvels under very difficult circumstances, sign him up.

bumping my own thread but this seems a no-brainer.

GJ has stated that he and the scouts are trotting round Europe to see loads of players in a few weeks.

Now is that really a better idea than hiring somebody who's been watching all these players for ten years?

Get TC now!

Dunno if TC was responsible but Southampton have always had a good scouting network and discovered some real gems over the past few years.....Theo Walcott, Gareth Bale, Wayne Bridge probably going back as far as Alan Shearer.

Thinking about it - was he really sacked?

Pete Johnson has a wide range of scouts all over europe. I'm happy with our current chief scout. If he can find some more Noble's, McCombe's & Basso's i'll be a happy man.

spot on, PJ has done an excellent job with the players that have been brought into the club so far.

happy with it at the moment, in it's best condition it's been in for years

Dunno if TC was responsible but Southampton have always had a good scouting network and discovered some real gems over the past few years.....Theo Walcott, Gareth Bale, Wayne Bridge probably going back as far as Alan Shearer.

Thinking about it - was he really sacked?

I don't think he was responsible for those, he's been scouting the Euopean players. The story was in Sunday's paper that he'd been sacked, presumably as part of all the board upheavals there.

Why we need TC in addition to our current scouts is because he's been scouting the European players which we have just started looking at because we've been promoted.

The current team have done well domestically but now we're suddenly expanding in range we need additional knowledge.

The last known where abouts of TC was working for Soton as a scout while living in Tenerife. I know this due to the trust trying to locate him to do a few things for events. So i guess that he was doing a bit of international scounting while semi retired.

I may be wrong, but I can't think of any amazing european stars off the top of my head produced by Southampton, just domestic gems.

I'm not an expert on Southampton but Idiakez, Pahars, Svensson, Saganowski are there. Pahars and Idiakez both very good. Looking through it seems he was also overseas generally as he bought in an Argie so Dani Rodriguez would be one of his - fantastic before injury robbed him of his pace.

Archived