IGNORED

Places To Avoid On Bank Holiday Monday

Rudolf Hucker

If you look hard enough you will find how Rovers acquired The Mem and what would have happened to The Mem and the rugby club if Rovers hadn`t of purchasd The Mem.

I still want to know how you think it was stolen..

I suppose Rovers stole the ground from parcel delivery firm Amtrak who were going to build a huge depot but there is no evidence to suggest that Rovers stole the ground from the rugby club.

The facts are there would be no Mem or Bristol Rugby club had it not been for Bristol Rovers.

Rugby club going bust and had initially agreed to sell the ground to Amtrak/ANC who would have built a distribution centre on it.

Rovers offer to pay off the Rugby clubs debts (about 2 million) with an agreement that they would take a 50% stake in the stadium.

A clause was inserted into the agreement that if either club went into administration the other club would have the option to buy the remaining 50% for £12k (I think). This was, I beleive, to stop the administrators from trying to sell 50% of the ground to a potential developer.

Rugby club goes into admin about a year or so later and as such Rovers buy up the remaining 50% at the agreed price.

If it wasn't for Rovers the Rugby club would have lost their ground and probably eventually gone out of business.

It's just a shame that a lot of Rugby fans spread the lies that we stole the ground from them.

If you look hard enough you will find how Rovers acquired The Mem and what would have happened to The Mem and the rugby club if Rovers hadn`t of purchasd The Mem.

I suppose Rovers stole the ground from parcel delivery firm ANC who were going to build a huge depot but there is no evidence to suggest that Rovers stole the ground from the rugby club.

The facts are there would be no Mem or Bristol Rugby club had it not been for Bristol Rovers.

What i understand It was obtained by a clause in the lease contract that if the rugby club went bust or got in to

financial difficulties then rovers would help them out as long as they could buy the ground for 10 grand and thus

leaving the rugby club leasing the ground off the rovers, bristol rugby did in fact have these financial difficulties

thus exercising the clause and at 10 grand thats a steel for me.

I suppose Rovers stole the ground from parcel delivery firm Amtrak who were going to build a huge depot but there is no evidence to suggest that Rovers stole the ground from the rugby club.

Rugby club going bust and had initially agreed to sell the ground to Amtrak/ANC who would have built a distribution centre on it.

Rovers offer to pay off the Rugby clubs debts (about 2 million) with an agreement that they would take a 50% stake in the stadium.

A clause was inserted into the agreement that if either club went into administration the other club would have the option to buy the remaining 50% for £12k (I think). This was, I beleive, to stop the administrators from trying to sell 50% of the ground to a potential developer.

Rugby club goes into admin about a year or so later and as such Rovers buy up the remaining 50% at the agreed price.

If it wasn't for Rovers the Rugby club would have lost their ground and probably eventually gone out of business.

It's just a shame that a lot of Rugby fans spread the lies that we stole the ground from them.

Thank you gentlemen. see it wasnt hard now. I accept your version quite happily now.

What i understand It was obtained by a clause in the lease contract that if the rugby club went bust or got in to

financial difficulties then rovers would help them out as long as they could buy the ground for 10 grand and thus

leaving the rugby club leasing the ground off the rovers, bristol rugby did in fact have these financial difficulties

thus exercising the clause and at 10 grand thats a steel for me.

Well your 'understanding' is a bit simplistic and omits a number of important facts.

Bristol Rovers players will take a victory ride through the city on an open-topped bus on Bank Holiday Monday after their play-off win on Saturday.

The Pirates beat Shrewsbury Town 3-1 in the final at Wembley, winning promotion to League One.

The open-top tour will leave from Warmley High Street at 1115 BST and travel through Kingswood and St George onto College Green.

There will be a civic reception at the council offices with the Lord Mayor.

Wonder who will be driving the bus?

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

OK, n i c e & s i m p l e & s l o w, so you can understand, please go bak to your own little forum and play.

Congratulations on getting promoted, we are still a bigger club in every meaning of the word and always will be, (bubble burst) now ###### off back to Cheltenham...and don't think about stealing their ground! :icecream:

Dave Allen, God Bless him.

Nerdgas - Do you not realize you are out numbered and outclassed over here? There is a place where you can go and share your jealousy to your hearts content? Sags home.

Just give it a rest yeah!

can assure you were not jealous,were just happy thanks,me thinks its you lot who are a bit peed off as weve taken the shine off your fantastic achievement this season,say what you will but thats what it looks like to us. :winner_third_h4h:

Guest Topman
Bristol Rovers players will take a victory ride through the city on an open-topped bus on Bank Holiday Monday after their play-off win on Saturday.

The Pirates beat Shrewsbury Town 3-1 in the final at Wembley, winning promotion to League One.

The open-top tour will leave from Warmley High Street at 1115 BST and travel through Kingswood and St George onto College Green.

There will be a civic reception at the council offices with the Lord Mayor.

Wonder who will be driving the bus?

Has to be Mr Golden Glove - Mr Philllips

can assure you were not jealous,were just happy thanks,me thinks its you lot who are a bit peed off as weve taken the shine off your fantastic achievement this season,say what you will but thats what it looks like to us. :winner_third_h4h:

Nope, not at all. its the posters who don't normally post on here doing exactly that.

anyone know where I can hire a JCB on a bank holiday, I feel like digging up Lawernce Hil roundabout in the morning, if a bus gets in the way it's thier fault.

whatever happens it will be a REAL REAL shame if it rains tomorrow, the players will be sat on the bus with their brollys, knowing phillips he will no doubt drop his

Well your 'understanding' is a bit simplistic and omits a number of important facts.

Yeh, some important facts , was`nt holmes bristols benifactor put a million into the club, when it started to go pear shaped brokered a deal with dunford and co, to form a stadium co and an agreement or clause that if either club hit finacial trouble one could buy out the others shares of the stadium, oh and holmes got his million back oh and rovers got the stadium, a bit underhanded is`nt it, what about the gash agreeing to ground share just before 82 then pulling out of he agreement, then waiting for our club to go under, and waiting in the wings to buy the vacant ground cut price, what have you to say about that family club...

Guest Topman
anyone know where I can hire a JCB on a bank holiday, I feel like digging up Lawernce Hil roundabout in the morning, if a bus gets in the way it's thier fault.

whatever happens it will be a REAL REAL shame if it rains tomorrow, the players will be sat on the bus with their brollys, knowing phillips he will no doubt drop his

Sadly you ought to know your facts - how many cleant sheets has Mr P kept this season??

Sadly you ought to know your facts - how many cleant sheets has Mr P kept this season??

Thought you would be out with the rest of the pikeys Topman celebrating your famous win on Saturday. Instead you would rather join us reds on here. Are you a secret city fan is disguise?? tut tut :whistle2:

Yeh, some important facts , was`nt holmes bristols benifactor put a million into the club, when it started to go pear shaped brokered a deal with dunford and co, to form a stadium co and an agreement or clause that if either club hit finacial trouble one could buy out the others shares of the stadium, oh and holmes got his million back oh and rovers got the stadium, a bit underhanded is`nt it, what about the gash agreeing to ground share just before 82 then pulling out of he agreement, then waiting for our club to go under, and waiting in the wings to buy the vacant ground cut price, what have you to say about that family club...

What have I go to say?

Quite plainly you have no clue what you are talking about.

My Bristol City scarf and flag are flying out of the window ready for the open top bus......

I live in the centre near college green, the bus will have to drive past it.... haha

Fair play !!!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Colin Calderwood at work managing the Forest Gumps....

colincalderwood4.jpg

And could this possibly be Colin Calderwood in Miami preparing for next season's Gas v Forest game - sweeties for Irene's North Bristol brats ????!!!!!..... :redcard: ......

candyfromstrangersvt5.jpg

Archived