IGNORED

The Inferiority Complex Of The Gas

PhatWill

Yet again the inferiority complex of our poor neighbours has amazed me this weekend. After the hysteria of their 1-0 win over 2 legs against us in the LSD Trophy (their best result in over 5 years according to most of their fans) we have now had to put up with them constantly mentioning us in the media, both national and local.

Gasheads obsession with us is really quite disturbing but the achievements of their club don't really match the bravado.

On 5 live last night I had the misfortune of listening to one 'gashead' celebrating his teams win - 'I'd just like to say to all the City fans' is how he began his inane rant. Erm mate why don't you concentrate on the fact you've just been promoted. It's sheer embarrassment to even begin to compare your 'achievements' (essentially 2 months of very good form) with ours this season. And then just to heighten the embarrassment he said in his thick Bristolian accent 'but Spoony my first team is Liverpool and I've just come back from Athens'!!!!!!!!

Then this morning on the news I'm watching one jubilant nomad being interviewed and suprise suprise a couple of t0ssers in the background start singing 'are you watching City fans'!

Yes, we are and it's cringeworthy.

On the last day v Rothy were there any 'are you watching rugby ground' chants? At Middlesborough when we took a Prem to extra time and pens were there?

It's just plain embarrassing...good luck to the gas next season and well done for finally catching up with Yeovil and Cheltenham

Awww leave them alone, they've had nothing to sing about since Hollowhead was a player, beating us in the tin pot trophy (which we won't be in next season :winner_third_h4h: ) is the best derby result for years. As for their lucky promotion, well fair play boys League One is a massive achievement :surrender:

Yes we def don't need them, but we seem to spur them on, as they need us to play catch up, sometimes we don't help ourselves like saying what we are going to do to them, like leading up to the jpt games, we shot ourselves in the foot there, and also the ones that go on their forum giving it large, they just love it, it gives them a cause to fight and as long as we keep doing that they will always have a cause, but they will always be in our shadow, one step behind..

Yet again the inferiority complex of our poor neighbours has amazed me this weekend. After the hysteria of their 1-0 win over 2 legs against us in the LSD Trophy (their best result in over 5 years according to most of their fans) we have now had to put up with them constantly mentioning us in the media, both national and local.

Gasheads obsession with us is really quite disturbing but the achievements of their club don't really match the bravado.

On 5 live last night I had the misfortune of listening to one 'gashead' celebrating his teams win - 'I'd just like to say to all the City fans' is how he began his inane rant. Erm mate why don't you concentrate on the fact you've just been promoted. It's sheer embarrassment to even begin to compare your 'achievements' (essentially 2 months of very good form) with ours this season. And then just to heighten the embarrassment he said in his thick Bristolian accent 'but Spoony my first team is Liverpool and I've just come back from Athens'!!!!!!!!

Then this morning on the news I'm watching one jubilant nomad being interviewed and suprise suprise a couple of t0ssers in the background start singing 'are you watching City fans'!

On the last day v Rothy were there any 'are you watching rugby ground' chants? At Middlesborough when we took a Prem to extra time and pens were there?

It's just plain embarrassing...good luck to the gas next season and well done for finally catching up with Yeovil and Cheltenham

I have to admit, it does make me chuckle.

I work with some Gasheads, and I'm talking the worst type, the ones who have only been twice this season...and you can guess which games they have been to !!

Anyway, the texts that rolled in last night! Un real! I really, really don't care, yet they really, really think we do!!

Very strange. if we had bombed out and were in the dame league next season, id understand it, but could you imagine Man City fans giving Man Utd fans stick when they got promoted? or Southampton fans giving stick to Portsmouth fans if they had gone up this season?

very odd in my eyes. The best comment I heard all weekend from one part time saghead was "theres no glory in coming 2nd mate..."

hmmmm and coming 6th there is yeah??

I'm glad I'm not the only one that realises this. I couldnt care less what Rovers done, all I care about is that we got promotion. They think that they are the best team in the West country because they won the playoffs in a lower division, despite the fact we were promoted to a higher division weeks before this.

I had texts here there and everywhere last night, and I really didnt care.

Wonder if they would of been promoted if they had not called off the stockport game when they were on there record run. Thought football league were investigating this. Stockport lose to rovers month later rovers make play offs by one point from stockport.

Anyone know what decision league made over this if they ever did.

Yet another post by a City fan obsessed with Rovers and deep down very p*ssed off because during the terrible 7 years Rovers had City could not make that two division gap between the clubs for the first time.

Yet another post by a City fan obsessed with Rovers and deep down very p*ssed off because during the terrible 7 years Rovers had City could not make that two division gap between the clubs for the first time.

Congratulations on your promotion to League 1, your team did really well. Hope you are enjoying your promotion party to League 1, it's a great feeling isn't it.

Getting promoted to The Championship feels amazing too.

Don't forget your brolly tomorrow. :city:

says the rovers fan on the city forum.......weird

Guest Topman

So why does it matter to you if we Gasheads are so 'insignificant' and your team is so much 'better' (apart from that 1-0 nil defeat to the boys in blue) As for gasheads on the radio whenever I listen to most city fans phoning Geoff T they either sound unintelligent or laced with cider (perhaps both)

So why does it matter to you if we Gasheads are so 'insignificant' and your team is so much 'better' (apart from that 1-0 nil defeat to the boys in blue) As for gasheads on the radio whenever I listen to most city fans phoning Geoff T they either sound unintelligent or laced with cider (perhaps both)

Well done on your promotion to League 1.

Perhaps most city fans sound unintelligent or drunk to you because you are far more intelligent and superior to them. Hope that makes you feel that you are a better person.

I would have hoped that your promotion would have made you less bitter.

We are all football fans.

Guest Topman
Well done on your promotion to League 1.

Perhaps most city fans sound unintelligent or drunk to you because you are far more intelligent and superior to them. Hope that makes you feel that you are a better person.

I would have hoped that your promotion would have made you less bitter.

We are all football fans.

I'm not bitter (I am feeling great) but it sounds like ZFC is bitter!!!

I'm not bitter (I am feeling great) but it sounds like ZFC is bitter!!!

Would love to chat but as you are obviously much more intelligent than me i'd better not get involved.

Would you like to congratulate me on City's promotion to The Championship?

Would love to chat but as you are obviously much more intelligent than me i'd better not get involved.

Would you like to congratulate me on City's promotion to The Championship?

there just a bunch of gypsies!

Eastville, Ashton, Twerton, Horfield, where next (swindon, cheltehnam, Newport, Clevedon?)

well theres always next year and ,its true i mean "are you watching ashton gate" ?? now do they think we would be watching in a jealous rage thinking "i wish i just got promoted to league 1 ...oh yeah that right we didnt ,we got promoted to the "hcampionship" what a bunch of tits..does small man syndrome take a form in football too?

there just a bunch of gypsies!

Eastville, Ashton, Twerton, Horfield, where next (swindon, cheltehnam, Newport, Clevedon?)

yeah, but Bristol Black Eastville Arab Rovers are the oldest club and are a "family club" so surely that makes them better than us, despite spending majority of their history (and most of this decade) as a bottom league club

Archived