IGNORED

Should Education Be Made Compulsory For Student Until The Age Of Eighteen?

Henry

The article didn't seem very neutral!

However, i agree with it. I'm 17 years old and I've just finished sixth form and there was one reason why I enjoyed it so much. Everyone wanted to learn. There wasn't any kids pissing around or harrassing teachers as there was in secondary school, they all left at the earliest opportunity. If you force students to carry on through school, the education of those that want to continue will suffer, there is no doubt about that.

Some students are not cut out to be at school; just because they don't represent academia doesn't mean that they aren't clever. The likes of apprenticeships & hands-on courses would be much more beneficial to these people, as if they have not managed at school then their forte may be in building, cooking, etc.

The article didn't seem very neutral!

However, i agree with it. I'm 17 years old and I've just finished sixth form and there was one reason why I enjoyed it so much. Everyone wanted to learn. There wasn't any kids pissing around or harrassing teachers as there was in secondary school, they all left at the earliest opportunity. If you force students to carry on through school, the education of those that want to continue will suffer, there is no doubt about that.

can't disagree with that, that's how i felt about my school / 6th form as well.

Archived