IGNORED

Record City Attendance

Steve Watts

No real suprises here.....

Can someone tell me the highest attendance at a City victory? Home or away, just need to know the highest ever.

The Sags are thinking that Saturday's match saw the highest crowd to watch a Bristol team win and are going to be using it on their DVD.... please tell me they're wrong?!?

Help?

I think they're probably right - City v Carlisle at the Mill Stad was 50,000, v Bolton at Wembley was 54,000. Can't hinnk of any other games where we've won that might top those. Of course, we've played games with bigger crowds but not won.

Talk about scraping the barrell. If we had of won at Wembley in 2000, we might be hearing 'The highest crowd to watch a bristol team wearing blue and white quarters' instead. <_<

You might laugh but we can not only claim to be the Bristol club to have played in front of the biggest crowd (v Stoke at Wembley) but also the biggest crowd for a Bristol team playing in Blue (v Man Utd 1909)

You might laugh but we can not only claim to be the Bristol club to have played in front of the biggest crowd (v Stoke at Wembley) but also the biggest crowd for a Bristol team playing in Blue (v Man Utd 1909)

That just helps to reinforce my point. :clapping:

Let's not worry about it people!! It was at New Wembley for a start which means there was a lot more neutrals at the game who really wanted to say they had been there.

If it had have been at the Milly Staduim, it never have been that high.......we are still the best supported team in Bristol as are average attendances have shown over the years........let the sags have there day and wait till next season when it drops down to 6-7k and everyone has clambered back into the woodwork....whilst struggling at the foot of the table.

Then it will be humble pie all round :D

Ahem, I may be being a bit loose here but how about this FA cup 3rd round tie from 1967-68 season:

Bristol City 0 Cuckoo Rovers 0 watched by 37,237

Replay

Cuckoo Rovers 1 Bristol City 2 watched by 30,157

Therefore total to watch tie which Bristol City won = 67,394.

Archived