IGNORED

One Striker To Leave

Rich

Which striker would you let leave? Jevons, showumni or Brooker.Assuming we get a top class replacement (or two) it would have to be Jevons in my oppinion, and if he goes to the b####rds great, especially if we managed to extract some money from them as well.I also think Johnson protecting him from being unsettled is his way of saying ,we still want him, but if the price is right.

Which striker would you let leave? Jevons, showumni or Brooker.Assuming we get a top class replacement (or two) it would have to be Jevons in my oppinion, and if he goes to the b####rds great, especially if we managed to extract some money from them as well.I also think Johnson protecting him from being unsettled is his way of saying ,we still want him, but if the price is right.

Yeh jevons it will have to be

but if brooker had another injured season then it would have to be brooks

Why start a topic like this ? you know most people will say Jevons, lets just drive him over to the gas.

Personally he had a far better season than Brooks for me, how many was it for brooker 2 or 3 ?

I want shot of the lightwieght, chicken hearted, waste of space t#sser that only scored seven goals (7) in open play for us in the league last season.Thats why.

I want shot of the lightwieght, chicken hearted, waste of space t#sser that only scored seven goals (7) in open play for us in the league last season.Thats why.

By the way are you a sag scout trying to get him to sign?

riiiiight...

"chicken heated", "waste of space", "#######"...

Nice analysis there. And 7 goals from open play still makes him third highest scorer in a promotion team, which is nothing to be sneezed at.

Without those seven goals we would not be in the championship.

how many did brooks get??????

If another striker took his place for forty odd appearances, Excluding bas and smith would their return have been more? personally I think the answer would be a big YES ( we might have been champions). It is unfortunate I agree but he has not produced the goods and if you can't see that you are not being honest with yourself.Put Jevons in nick for a two week period, give him a public trial and injure him a few times and god knows he might have had goals taken away.I am not trying to stir things up I just want better players that will give their all for the cause.

riiiiight...

"chicken heated", "waste of space", "#######"...

Nice analysis there. And 7 goals from open play still makes him third highest scorer in a promotion team, which is nothing to be sneezed at.

or proud of.

Have a look at what I had to say over on my post...

I reckon he does deserve to be kept at this Club, mainly because I know deep down that he can play better than he has done this season, and clearly has the ability to score more goals...

We just need a consistent team I think, and less of the Rafa Benitez squad rotation type thing, unless that happens to work for us, then I wouldn't feel the need to complain about it! :preacher:

If another striker took his place for forty odd appearances, Excluding bas and smith would their return have been more? personally I think the answer would be a big YES ( we might have been champions). It is unfortunate I agree but he has not produced the goods and if you can't see that you are not being honest with yourself.Put Jevons in nick for a two week period, give him a public trial and injure him a few times and god knows he might have had goals taken away.I am not trying to stir things up I just want better players that will give their all for the cause.

Your right i don't think he has played to the best of his ability but is that any reason to get rid of him "no" if he has not played that well and still scored 17 then sorely if he hits form we have a decent striker here.

anyone who can score goals like forest in the tin pot and brighton in the league has some ability.

Hear bloody hear

I give my all for City,I want the best players we can get, if I have an oppinion I am entitled to express it. If you are happy with second best then that is what you get. Demand the best and you might get near to it. I never slag off a player on the pitch and will allways offer encouragement to our players. COME ON CITY.

Jevons strike rate over the last 4 seasons (league, FA and league cup only);

Starts - (Subs) - Goals

149 (22) 73

That means he has a better than 1 in three ratio for the last four seasons, decent by anyones standards. Who cares if some are pens? Other prolific strikers score pens too. Why is there such a push to get rid when he has out scored?

And as for other strikers scoring more in the same period? Well Enoch played 39 games thus year in the same compertions as I mentioned above and got only 13 goals, which works out as exactly 1-in-3, which Jevons was only 0.1 worse than (and at least he was available for more games). Jevons record over the last 4 seasons is better than both Showunmi and Brooker. Brooker's ratio this year isn't even worth working out.

Now, I'm no JevoLover, nut give the guy SOME credit. Why is everyone so keen on ragging him out?

Jevons strike rate over the last 4 seasons (league, FA and league cup only);

Starts - (Subs) - Goals

149 (22) 73

That means he has a better than 1 in three ratio for the last four seasons, decent by anyones standards. Who cares if some are pens? Other prolific strikers score pens too. Why is there such a push to get rid when he has out scored?

And as for other strikers scoring more in the same period? Well Enoch played 39 games thus year in the same compertions as I mentioned above and got only 13 goals, which works out as exactly 1-in-3, which Jevons was only 0.1 worse than (and at least he was available for more games). Jevons record over the last 4 seasons is better than both Showunmi and Brooker. Brooker's ratio this year isn't even worth working out.

Now, I'm no JevoLover, nut give the guy SOME credit. Why is everyone so keen on ragging him out?

Showumni was played out wide a lot and Jevons goal record includes the fourth div.I'm not a Jevons hater just not a lover.

I find all this a bit bizarre. Porter and Holt have their advocates on this forum,as have Hawley and others. None have any championship pedigree, but Jevons who has statistically comparable scoring records, is deemed not good enough.

I've got to be brutally honest, I batted for Jevo last season more than once when he was getting slaughtered on here, but I have to concede that I am a bit ambivalent about him now.What I do find amusing, and I am not being a p*ss taker, is this obcession with how he has scored his goals.Ultimately if its a 35 yard half volley or a penalty, or a scuffed effort off his arse, it's a goal, and the results/records show that, not whether it's from open play or not. 17 goals last season was not a bad return given some of his admittedly indifferent displays, but Smith for all his energy, and Bas for all his endeavour will never score 17 in a season,so if we do ship Jevo out, we need to replace him with a proven scorer, because whatever he has or hasn't got, Jevo has got goals.

Before we sell the top scorer in our promotion campaign, lets be sure he is replaced with a better player, or else let's back the bloke and give him a chance at a higher level to prove the doubters wrong.

Using your arguement on here Arsenal should get rid of Henry!!!!!!!!!!!! What a load of old tosh, I for one am pleased Jevo got 17 goals was TOP scorer for the club. However it has to also be noted he hardly had a striker next to him in some games due to injuries and Jevo works well with a target man which he is not.

Jevo to stay and bang the goals in in the championship.

JEVO JEVO

Arsenal are getting rid of Henry?! We should maybe take a look.

As for Jevons, I believe he is our most natural goalscorer and, with the correct service, will score many goals in the Championship. Unfortunately, as it stands, the service is Wilson and Betsy so we can't afford to "carry" Jevons as well.

Enoch and Brooker bring more to the game than Jevons. I'd absolutely love to see a fit Brooker (I can dream) and Jevons with two good wingers. Without the two good wingers Jevons has to be third choice.

Archived