IGNORED

Stephen Henderson

kiwicolin

On the subject of young keepers, myself and Somered were musing this morning that we never seem to produce young keepers who make it at City.With all the Academy resources,coaching etc, and our previous youth regimes, we just don't seem to find youngsters good enough to be pro keepers.Was Cashley the last home produced keeper?

PS fao Ashtonyate, I am 100% pro-Academy!!

On the subject of young keepers, myself and Somered were musing this morning that we never seem to produce young keepers who make it at City.With all the Academy resources,coaching etc, and our previous youth regimes, we just don't seem to find youngsters good enough to be pro keepers.Was Cashley the last home produced keeper?

PS fao Ashtonyate, I am 100% pro-Academy!!

Funny you should say that. A friend of mine was a youth keeper at City. At city he was told he was too small at 16, but he shot up and is now my hight (6'5). He went to uni in Plymouth and got scouted by Ian holiway at Plymouth, and got a 1 year contract last year (at the age of 23). If he had stayed at city and had professional coaching during that 16-23 age, who knows how much better he could have been! Hes just got released now but is looking at league 1/2 clubs.

There was another one recently, or has Phillips been air-brushed out of the Clubs history?

Phillips was plying his trade for Paulton Rovers before he joined us.

Archived