IGNORED

Wilkshire

CiderHider

Blimey thats a bit of a disappointment. I liked him as well. That goal against Tranmere was very special.

Still, if he behaves like that I'm glad to see the back of him. Says a lot about GJ's management, weeded out all the trouble makers (Philips, Stewart, Wilkshire...did he give Tommy the boot?). How many of our current squad could we see talking like that, even after they left us.

Having read the article, what did he actually say that was defamatory to BCFC? :dunno:

It seemed to me that he was just saying he was enjoying it in Holland and that things went stale for him at City, which it does with many a player at many a club. The patronising tone of the piece was Smithies fault, whoever the heck he is!

I'd of said exactly the same.

Wiltshire obviously had talent, good enough for the world cup, yet he couldnt make the first team with us.

I'd of felt cheated a bit if i was him.

So fair play to him, glad he's proved johnson wrong.

He's not slagged us off. Not in the slightest.

He did not say we were a second rate club, that was the reporter.

Good player would still like to see him do well shame if he has said all that as I belive many City fans who have passed through Holland have stopped to watch him play? Sure I have seen threads and stuff. Was always a bit of a moaner apparntly but he has ambition and I like that.

The way reporters work is they basically put words in your mouth in an interview like this one. They'll ask leading questions like "So you'd say that ... " then when the interviewee says "Yes" they work it round into a direct quote... I actually know this from personal experience of being interviewed for a newspper article (long story).

Luke Wilshire was one of the best footballers we've had over the past ten years and I'll punch the man who says otherwise.

Wilkshire wasnt the best player in the last 10 years.

Punch me

Right then, I will,. But you have to travel out to the Netherlands, I'm not coming back to the UK specially.

Anyway, not that I'm backtracking you understand, but I did say "one of". Best player of the past 10 years would be Murray.

Archived