IGNORED

World Really Is Annoying Now!

Uxbridge Red

Now come on - is it just me - or has the website now ditched all pretence of being free to view. Right now the headline is the interview with SL about transfers etc - but there is NO indication AT ALL that this is a PAY TO VIEW feature - AAAAAAGH!

When will the club learn that it has a product to sell - and its price to maximise exposure on a non story such as this via the internet is ZERO - that is no pence, pounds etc.

I refuse to pay to hear SL defending his hike in attendance prices (by the way they are justified if we attract the players and perform at the level to stay in the division), how we won't hear about a transfer target until AFTER he has signed and how the east end STILL won't be developed (because CS is incompetent) until SL makes has another 50 mil in the bank.

AAAAAAAGH - It makes me mad!

Now come on - is it just me - or has the website now ditched all pretence of being free to view. Right now the headline is the interview with SL about transfers etc - but there is NO indication AT ALL that this is a PAY TO VIEW feature - AAAAAAGH!

When will the club learn that it has a product to sell - and its price to maximise exposure on a non story such as this via the internet is ZERO - that is no pence, pounds etc.

I refuse to pay to hear SL defending his hike in attendance prices (by the way they are justified if we attract the players and perform at the level to stay in the division), how we won't hear about a transfer target until AFTER he has signed and how the east end STILL won't be developed (because CS is incompetent) until SL makes has another 50 mil in the bank.

AAAAAAAGH - It makes me mad!

Get down of your high horse!

It was actually a very good interview. It proved that Steve really does care about this club. Try watching something first before you slag it off!

And as Steve said in the interview...Himself and Keith Dawe don't take a penny out of the club all they do is invest in it. They invest a lot more then you do! So get down off your horse and appreciate that. Otherwise bugger off!

Get down of your high horse!

It was actually a very good interview. It proved that Steve really does care about this club. Try watching something first before you slag it off!

He cant watch it, thats the point he was trying to make, you have to be signed up to world to watch it, which until you actually click on the link it doesnt make that very clear.

He cant watch it, thats the point he was trying to make, you have to be signed up to world to watch it, which until you actually click on the link it doesnt make that very clear.

I know that, but my point is he's slagging it off without seeing it. Why doesnt he cough up some more money to pay for world before slagging Lansdown off!

I think the World links have a (very) subtle different icon to the free links. You really have to be observant to see the difference and it is annoying as he says.

I've pretty much given up on the main site. It reminds me of a song (senior moment - can't remember the band name) where the lyrics are "52 channels of sh1t". There's a whole lot of content on the main site but its all sh....

Well I subscribe to World purely for the goals and game action mainly.

Player interviews are generally a waste of time and pretty boring though the interviews with Gary and Steve are usually worth to see from the horses mouths as to where they are taking the club.

In fact from a player point of view I generally don't want to here players rambling on in interviews. I want to see there football do the talking, but thats just me.

Thanks for a balanced response to my original post.

My point is that the site does not make it clear that the main headline link your about to click on is a pay per view option. When they appear as anything other than the main headline there is the video player symbol that you know means it pay per view. Its just a little bit deceitful really.

Those of us who have Sky will know that if something you have selected to watch is going to cost you money then you have to make a positive selection decision to watch it

I refuse to pay to hear / watch someone trying to sell me a something - a bit like the companies that only allow you to call them on an 0845 or 0870 number (like the ticketline!).

To be fair to World, it provides a useful service to us exiles who cannot get to as many games as we'd like and haven't a chance of catchin highlights. Plus, I don't mind paying for all the stuff you get with it, such as match commentry, old goals, full interviews (which can be very facinating) and other things. It might be a luxury f you live in the homeland, but out here in the backwaters it's a god send!

and the links never look that similar to me, maybe it's just this one?

Archived