IGNORED

Premiership Prices?

One Team

Whilst I was initially suprised at the season ticket price increase, I became happy to accept it as I worked on the "if you want Championship football, you pay Championship prices!" theory.

That was until I spoke to a Manchester City supporting mate of mine and told him on the price increase - his response?

"thats not championship prices, thats PREMIERSHIP prices!! Our cheapest are £385 and Villa's are £330!"

Granted Man City and Villa have twice the capacity of AG and both clubs benefit from millions in advertising and TV revenue but based on his reaction it got my back up.

Any thoughts?

One Team

Whilst I was initially suprised at the season ticket price increase, I became happy to accept it as I worked on the "if you want Championship football, you pay Championship prices!" theory.

That was until I spoke to a Manchester City supporting mate of mine and told him on the price increase - his response?

"thats not championship prices, thats PREMIERSHIP prices!! Our cheapest are £385 and Villa's are £330!"

Granted Man City and Villa have twice the capacity of AG and both clubs benefit from millions in advertising and TV revenue but based on his reaction it got my back up.

Any thoughts?

One Team

You just gave the reasons for it there. Yes it's frustrating but those clubs can actually afford to do that. City obviously can't. If we were given millions from TV i'm sure our prices would be cheaper.

You just gave the reasons for it there. Yes it's frustrating but those clubs can actually afford to do that. City obviously can't. If we were given millions from TV i'm sure our prices would be cheaper.

Umm, I'm not sure about that.So you think if City went up into the Prem next season, which is the only way to get millions from TV, our ticket prices would come down???

I don't.

• Admin

Any thoughts?

One Team

They also play less games.

Man City's cheapest ticket of £385 becomes £466 if it covered 23 games.

Villa's moves to £400

They also play less games.

Man City's cheapest ticket of £385 becomes £466 if it covered 23 games.

Villa's moves to £400 <--- Still a good deal mind.

Man City at £385 over 19 home games = just over £20per game

£375 over 23 games= just over £16per game, haveing said that, do'es not mean i agree with the hike in the price, because i do not,

I still believe the club should have rewarded their loyal fans.

This TV revenue argument stands up until you look at the wage bills & transfer fees involved and I'd be amazed if the TV money even covers 50% of both clubs wage & transfer bills.I've written an article for the ST however, five clubs have wages bills over £50m and on the basis that the average Prem Player earns £20kpw and City and Villa have squads of about 25 players, that's £26m (10 x ours last season) before a transfer fee is paid or a ball is kicked.

Bigger stadiums cost far more to keep up and you need far more staff, particularly on matchdays.At one point Leeds had 650 staff!!

Premier Clubs get far more money and have far more to pay out.Nobody's saying that tickets shouldn't have gone up at all, what they are saying is that more consideration should have been given to current ST Holders and peoples ability to pay a 30% hike in one fell swoop.Our easy payment scheme is based on a deposit then 7 payments whereas others I have seen utilise ten equal payments-None of this is rocket science and if you go on ground size and what clubs can afford then Colchesters tickets should be £10k each and Man Utds £1!!

Archived