IGNORED

Golf

tux1982

As its quiet just thought I would ask if anyone can recommend beginners golf courses in Bristol/ Bath/Somerset/Wilts/Glos?

We normally play on the approach course up Clevedon and at the moment I would say that is about our standard!! Just wondered if anyone can recommend any others.

Ashton Court, thornbury par 3 and farrington par 3 are all a bit too short.

Many thanks

We have a nine hole course (two tees on every hole) at Burnham & Berrow Golf Club. It is value for money at £18 per day, and to be honest is very nearly as good as the Championship Course.

I'm pretty sure there are no restrictions on handicap, just the usual golf club dress rules etc, and there is a six month deal going for the Channel course at the moment.

Have a look at the web site www.burnhamandberrowgolfclub.co.uk. There are pictures etc, and if you speak to the pro shop, they are pretty helpful.

One word of warning..... take plenty of balls!

As its quiet just thought I would ask if anyone can recommend beginners golf courses in Bristol/ Bath/Somerset/Wilts/Glos?

We normally play on the approach course up Clevedon and at the moment I would say that is about our standard!! Just wondered if anyone can recommend any others.

Ashton Court, thornbury par 3 and farrington par 3 are all a bit too short.

Many thanks

Two more you might wish to consider, although they are more challenging than what youre currently playing.

1. Tickenham Golf Club - 9 hole's most are par 3 i think. There are a few par 4's which are short for a par 4.

2. Mendip Spring - 9 hole course. Longer than Tickenham and possibly again more challenging.

Both Tickenham and Mendip Spring are the next step up for you. Hope this helps.

Guest zider_head

Try Westonburt, its a turn up and play honesty box type deal £10 for 18 holes (its a 9 hole course) great secenery can wear what you like and share clubs to a certain extent, don't get to busy. no water or sand so its a good course to practise on.

Try this website :-

http://www.uk-golfguide.com/

Briallint, go to a course near you and it shows all the other roudn the area, read the players comments etc very usefull site i find mate, where do you live ?

Two more you might wish to consider, although they are more challenging than what youre currently playing.

1. Tickenham Golf Club - 9 hole's most are par 3 i think. There are a few par 4's which are short for a par 4.

i nearly worked in there. i can see all of Tickenham Golf Course from outside my window. It's a very neat place and the people there were very friendly when i had an interview there.

The green looks very well looked after. And i think i seen a person practising his Driver shots in front of someone who works at the course

Archived