IGNORED

Billy Jones?

Just read on the Beeb site http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...dra/6721845.stm

Billy Jones being aloud to leave Crewe and has had an offer from a Championship club

Not sure where he plays though. I have him in my Champ Manager team and he can play anywhere in Defence or midfield. He's a good player in my Cham Man team too.

Anyone know much about his abilities in real life and whether we should be interested in him?

We've obviously no idea if it's us.

He does fit all the criteria though in terms of attitude and ability and intelligence etc. Positionally too it makes sense since he's a "utility" player.

Price this early in the transfer window may be a hindrance though.

And don't take the championship manager thing seriously. He's developed in an england international since CM2003!

So you don't know anything about this player or where he plays etc, but because it comes up on bbc or any of the rumour sites he is immediately put as a possible city target!!

This epitimises the forum at this time of year!!

Excuse me but this isn't a Robbie Fowler is available or were going to sign the whole brazilian team type post.

If you read the article it is very plausible that it could be us that have made enquiries about the player.

GJ has already stated in interviews that we have been in contact with some players so there is no reason to doubt that this might not be one of them.

Apologies if I'm not allowed to post a suggestion like this for comment.

He has the reputation of a very capable player primarily as a defensive midfielder and could well add some steel to our midfield but I suspect that there will be interest from clubs at the very top end of the Championship and as always persuading a northerner to move so far south isn't a simple task.

I'd love to see us sign him though.

Excuse me but this isn't a Robbie Fowler is available or were going to sign the whole brazilian team type post.

If you read the article it is very plausible that it could be us that have made enquiries about the player.

GJ has already stated in interviews that we have been in contact with some players so there is no reason to doubt that this might not be one of them.

Apologies if I'm not allowed to post a suggestion like this for comment.

Not so sure - it says a top Championship club and don't think is us just yet!

Definitely a far more reasonable suggestion than most we have had!! IMO, a defensive midfielder is a must for next season, and the lad has had a good schooling in the way football should be played thanks to the inimitable Dario Gradi.

Would be keen to see him in a City shirt!!

Definitely a far more reasonable suggestion than most we have had!! IMO, a defensive midfielder is a must for next season, and the lad has had a good schooling in the way football should be played thanks to the inimitable Dario Gradi.

Would be keen to see him in a City shirt!!

Just read on the Beeb site http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...dra/6721845.stm

Billy Jones being aloud to leave Crewe and has had an offer from a Championship club

Not sure where he plays though. I have him in my Champ Manager team and he can play anywhere in Defence or midfield. He's a good player in my Cham Man team too.

Anyone know much about his abilities in real life and whether we should be interested in him?

I thought Dario Gradi retired at the end of the season?

So you don't know anything about this player or where he plays etc, but because it comes up on bbc or any of the rumour sites he is immediately put as a possible city target!!

This epitimises the forum at this time of year!!

If Skuse goes Jones would be a fair replacement.

Archived