IGNORED

Cardiff Fans - Are They Really That Bad?

glastonred

Is Ninian Park really a cauldron of hate? I have always avoided going there because of being told that Cardiff's fans are as bad as Millwall's, and that away fans risked getting attacked. Is this really the case? I would love to go next season, but I would not want to put myself, or my friends at risk. Could somebody please enlighten me, and tell me it's not true.

Is Ninian Park really a cauldron of hate? I have always avoided going there because of being told that Cardiff's fans are as bad as Millwall's, and that away fans risked getting attacked. Is this really the case? I would love to go next season, but I would not want to put myself, or my friends at risk. Could somebody please enlighten me, and tell me it's not true.

if they are as bad as millwall's then, based on what i saw/didnt see in april, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

I have been plenty of times and even went on the train and as alerady said there is nothing to worry about!

I imagine it will be coach travel only and it will be a case of going into the ground to watch the game and then straight back on the coach after.

It is always good fun though to see a group of 50 or so welsh odd balls jumping around on the left hand side of where we will be seated. (especially when murray scored twice within 10 minutes) :clapping:

I think now though they have put up more netting etc as i remember a few objects thrown in the general direction of the away fans as the stewarding there is so laid back they are practically falling over!

In a nutshell, a good day out and def worth going!

the police have it sewn up outside the ground. the only problems that ever arise at Ninian Park ar caused by the lax attitude of the Stewards who will NOT EVER even try to stop the Cardiff chavs from playing up, they are the opposite of the AG stewards.

We should make a song for the chavs around the country who run to the corners of the stands when something happens, I'm not very creative though anyone else.........

Go on the train and stick with the main bulk of the city fans and you will be fine, usually put in a pub by the police, if you walk about in small numbers being loud and its obvious your City you will be bullied.

We should make a song for the chavs around the country who run to the corners of the stands when something happens, I'm not very creative though anyone else.........

Well, as these such fans run up to the corners then get pushed back by police/stewards then rush back to the corner again...what about the okey kokey?

Woooooh, the okey kokey,

Woooooh, the okey kokey,

Woooooh, the okey kokey,

knees bent, arms stretched

Chav, chav, chav

Even more creative people can change the words to make it more insulting

Well, as these such fans run up to the corners then get pushed back by police/stewards then rush back to the corner again...what about the okey kokey?

Woooooh, the okey kokey,

Woooooh, the okey kokey,

Woooooh, the okey kokey,

knees bent, arms stretched

Chav, chav, chav

Even more creative people can change the words to make it more insulting

Love it,

would sound briliant (especially the last line - while everybody points at them when saying it)

Lived in Wales for 20+ years, first time I went I stood in with the Cardiff Fans and my goal celebration to Super Bob scoring was muted to say the least. 2nd time I went I went with the wife and my eldest son who was in the push chair at the time - we went in with my friends same age, their eldest same age ala pushchair and we went in together.

Times change last time I went was in play off semi- final - had to travel to Bristol to catch a coach to Cardiff (tickets handed out on coach), watch match, get in coach, travel to Bristol and travel again back to Wales. The amount of verbal abuse was matched on both sides with the bizaare accustations of sheep s****ing being raised by both sets of fans.

Will I go to Cardiff - not if they insist on coaches (which I happen to agree with) due to the length of travelling time to watch a match in a stadium 20 miles from my home.

Cardiff fans are samee as any other fans in so much that if you start talking to them about footy they have the same views and biases as everyone else, the intensity or aggression towards rival supporters only develops on the weekend of the match and only against their fierstest rivals (eg us and swansea).

Get on the coach and enjoy the day out - the police have everything sewn up.

Archived