IGNORED

Those Signings

Bristol Boy

First of all, well done to DW for bringing in three players.In my view it's almost to late, but as the saying goes, better late than never.

Murray:No real argument as his fee (I suspect the balance Reading owe us) will be repaid providing we go up.

Rougier:Different from what we have, in that he's a bit quicker than LP & LM and stronger physically than any of our other strikers.

He's not a prolific scorer, but he could get the odd useful goal.He gave MH a few problems when we played Brentford who played him wide.

Caskey:All right, we've done all the fat jokes, but the kid can pass and could provide accurate set piece service and ball to our wide players, if he's in the mood.

Now, on to the team

Murray comes in on the right.That's easy and he can score goals and provide the odd decent cross.

Rougier can play centre forward, but who do you pair him with?

The obvious pairing is with Lita or Roberts, on the big guy, little guy, basis.

My biggest question concerns Caskey, who I can't see playing in central midfield in a 4-4-2 with Tinnion or Wilkshire and let's be blunt, you'd fancy running past him and Tommy, so, without switching to a 3-5-2, which DW is loathe to do, how does it work??

Also, is he suspended for two games or not and when does that start?

If these players are still unfit and two are definetly out:

Amannkwah

Brown

Doherty

Peacock

Caskey (Suspended)

4-4-2

...................................................Phillips........................................................

Carey...............................Coles........................Butler.............................Hill......

Murray............................Wilkshire.....................Tinnion..................Goodfellow..

........................................Miller...................Roberts....................................

Subs

Lita

Rougier

Fortune

Stowell

Burnell

I reckon we could line up like this at Vale, although I'd have Fortune in for Butler.

My gut feeling (Sorry Darren :ph34r: ) is that he's been signed as cover for TD &/or Tinman.

I think Rougier has been bought to stiffen up the left side of our midfield - according to a Hibs-supporting mate, he's a winger who can play both sides but is left-footed. I reckon the team for Saturday will include Murray and Rougier on the wings, with Doherty and Wilkshire in central midfield - Miller and Roberts up front with Lita, Peacock and Tinnion on the bench.

We'll find out the formation at 3pm at Port Vale. Our season restarts on Saturday I hope - it's a good big away end at Vale Park so let's all make the effort to get there :blink:
trust me mate,I'm going to be making the effort,just hope my clapped out old corsa can handle the trip!!!now we have murray back anything is possible,along with rougier and caskey as wel.plymouth and especialy qpr must be shitting it now!!!!!

:ph34r::laugh:^_^

I think Rougier has been bought to stiffen up the left side of our midfield - according to a Hibs-supporting mate, he's a winger who can play both sides but is left-footed. I reckon the team for Saturday will include Murray and Rougier on the wings, with Doherty and Wilkshire in central midfield - Miller and Roberts up front with Lita, Peacock and Tinnion on the bench.
He played for us against Brentford, on the right wing and gave MH some trouble.

Looking at our side, I'd play him up front, down the middle.

That looks sooooooo good on the screen.

Smiling like a loon!

we still need a ball winner in there so tinns or wilkshire would

be benched for the doc :ph34r:

Murray....................the doc..........Tinnion..................Goodfellow..

i see the tinnion 4o yard ball to murray already :ph34r:

Wouldn't pick Goodfellow myself. He was awful on Wednesday. He doesn't tackle, doesn't cross the ball well (can't remember him ever getting to the dead ball line to cross the ball) and has a tendency to hide in games. For a player who scored a number of goals when he joined he seems to have lost all confidence in himself. When was the last time he had a good game? Not sure who I'd play there instead though. Mickey Bell maybe?

My team tomorrow would be :-

Phillips

Carey Coles Fortune Hill

Murray Doherty Tinnion Rougier

Miller Roberts

I really like the look of that midfield when it doesn't include Wilkshire or Goodfellow :ph34r:

Before he went to Notts County I seem to remember there were many threads on this forum pleading with the board to sign Caskey.

It appears that wages were the stumbling block and the concencus was that we should have broken the club's wage structure to sign him.

My team tomorrow would be :-

Phillips

Carey Coles Fortune Hill

Murray Doherty Tinnion Rougier

Miller Roberts

I really like the look of that midfield when it doesn't include Wilkshire or Goodfellow :ph34r:

I'd go with that, cos Tins can be rested in the 2nd half for Wilkshire, and Goodfellow may get the hint and improve his game.

Anyways up so long as Peacock ,and Butler aint playing anythings better!! :ph34r::clap::clap:

Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!!

Cider-Red for life!!

Archived