IGNORED

Maclaren

court_bcfc

I know it seems strange but i hope england draw or lose as long as we get through in the end just because i wish to see the back of Maclaren, the bloke obviously hasnt much of a clue.

do you think he'll be out tonight?

or not?

No.

The problem is always the same - who do we replace him with? The FA always go for the in-house candidate, the safe man. They can't hack the mavericks who would upset them but produce the results on the pitch - Cloughie, O'Neill.

I never wanted Sven and always wanted him sacked. I was fairly happy about McLaren being appointed but he hasn't really done it, but we ought to keep him for longer than this as there's no dream candidate waiting to step up.

Calling for his head is the soft option. The best fix is keeping him there and sacking the two-faced back-biting wideboy that is Terry Venables.

Calling for his head is the soft option. The best fix is keeping him there and sacking the two-faced back-biting wideboy that is Terry Venables.

Are we talking about Terry Venables, the Best England manager in recent times.... the last manager NOT to get the sack??

If anything Steve McLaren is lucky to have his help...

Are we talking about Terry Venables, the Best England manager in recent times.... the last manager NOT to get the sack??

If anything Steve McLaren is lucky to have his help...

Terry Venables is the third worst manager England have had

Won 11 Drawn 11 Lost 2

Didnt lose many but the stats don't lie. Only Steve Maclaren and Kevin Keegan are worse.

Still i'd rather have him swapped with Maclaren

Glenn Hoddle is the best England manager of recent times and only second best of all time behind Ramsey (i don't agree with it but the facts don't lie):

Won 17 Drawn 6 Lost 5 - 60% Winning Ratio

Glenn Hoddle is the best England manager of recent times

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

how about the WORST ever!

we went out of the euro 2000 in the first round! unheard of in recent times!!

Terry Venables took us to the semis of euro 96 and unlucky not to get to the final!

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

how about the WORST ever!

we went out of the euro 2000 in the first round! unheard of in recent times!!

Terry Venables took us to the semis of euro 96 and unlucky not to get to the final!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt kevin 'give me all your money for usless transfers' Keegan manager at that time?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt kevin 'give me all your money for usless transfers' Keegan manager at that time?

Getting confused with France 98, when we went out in the 2nd round..... still a appalling performance

Getting confused with France 98, when we went out in the 2nd round..... still a appalling performance

Not really. That game against Argentina was ruined by an idiot referee, sending Beckham off then disallowing a perfectly good goal by Sol Campbell. I agree that Euro 2000 was awful, and showed Keegan up to be the tactical illiterate that he is.

I always thought Hoddle was a decent coach, but completley lacking in man-management skills. Keegan is the opposite, all passion and no tactics, and was found to be out of his depth at international level.

I think that win the other night probably did save McLaren's job, but bringing Beckham back was an act of desperation. It's worked, for the time being, and has done enough to keep McLaren there until the end of the qualifiers at least. If we don't make it, he's gone.

Archived