IGNORED

Quick - Stan Collymore Available

Eddie Hitler

Petition

We think that Collymore is the best striker currently on the market that we could attract for a wage. Collymore has expressed an interest in playing professional football again and is only 36. We believe that he could fire us to back to back promotions.

We understand that some fans would have reservations about his signing so we propose the club invites him for a two week trial, followed by the possibility of a short term or rolling contract.

Um, let me think about this for a moment...

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

We could get cantona aswell! Hes younger than Sheringham!

Oh dear, some Forest fans taking it seriously:

If Jason Lee can still bang them in at 36 for Notts then why not Collymore? At least our squad which is a bunch of horseshit as it is would have some talent in it. Stan and Neil Lennon lets get the over 35's back into football.

can't be any worse then what we have after tyson and agogo (if holt leaves)

I think we should give him a trial, what harm could it do?

I don't think anyone is saying we should just give Stan 10k a week and a 4 year deal, but if he is in any shape at all and even remotely interested, he could spend the summer getting into shape and go on a pay as you play deal.

CC would have to have a good look at him first though.

Lets face it, 50% fit Collymore would be dynamite. Hes one of those players youd pay just to see.

He would have to tick a lot of boxes first. Is he still looking at a comeback or has he changed his mind again?

That's beyond comedy.

Petition

We think that Collymore is the best striker currently on the market that we could attract for a wage. Collymore has expressed an interest in playing professional football again and is only 36. We believe that he could fire us to back to back promotions.

We understand that some fans would have reservations about his signing so we propose the club invites him for a two week trial, followed by the possibility of a short term or rolling contract.

Um, let me think about this for a moment...

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

No disrespect to Stan Collymore because he is/was a decent footballer but he really is almost as much of a looney as those Forest Gumps that think he would be a great signing. :rofl2br:

I cant get on the petition site thing, how many people have signed?

i can see there being i high demand of fickle forest fans signing, back to back promotions? wake up!

All live near local car parks and hope that if plays football again he might be too tired to loiter outside each night

Football wise i beleive hes still got the potenial to play prem-he was brilliant if u actually remember.

However, due to his personal problems i wouldnt touch him with a bargepole

In his mid twenties, at the peak of his talent he was very occasionally brilliant. Usually he was just lazy and useless.

I wouldn't have been happy about City signing him ten years ago. If you seriously think he still has the potential to play in the premiership after five years off the rails then I suggets you apply for a scouting job at Bristol Rovers and good luck to you.

I think it'd be a hilarious disaster for Forest, so I've happily signed the petition.

It would be tremendous. I would make a point of watching L1 highlights to see him bumbling around the pitch. Just imagine the opposition chants!

He shoots, he scores, Ulrika's on the floor - Collymore, Collymore

Who's that standing in the car park?

Who's that peering in the door?

It's Stan Colly with his mac

And he's made a big comeback

And he won't be going dogging any more!

Guest ashtonyate
We could get cantona aswell! Hes younger than Sheringham!

Is that the same one as on Ideal the one with the mouses head he would never be able to get his breath in that

It would be tremendous. I would make a point of watching L1 highlights to see him bumbling around the pitch. Just imagine the opposition chants!

He shoots, he scores, Ulrika's on the floor - Collymore, Collymore

Who's that standing in the car park?

Who's that peering in the door?

It's Stan Colly with his mac

And he's made a big comeback

And he won't be going dogging any more!

Indeed, the cheese slipped off Stan Collymore's cracker long ago. Were it not for his severe mental problems he could have been an exceptional footballer for England. A great shame but great talent often walks hand in hand with sheer lunacy.

Joking aside, I have been supporting City for twenty years and in the many home games i have seen in that time the best individual performance was by Stan Collymore. It must have been the early nineties when we were playing second tier football and he scored a hat trick. Unfortunately, the home part of the ground was sold out and my Dad and I watched from the away end (then the open end). If i remember rightly forest won 4-1 and i still remember watching Collymore walk from the east end goal back to the centre circle after completing his hat-trick with his arms aloft. The best individual performance i have ever seen live.

When i said Collymore had potential all you have to do is look at the facts.

Collymore ten years aog was fantastic, he was not "occasinally brilliant". he banged them in for Forest but mvoed to liverpool (where he still did incredibly well) but it began to go pear shaped.

A lot of people refer to Forest on here as "nobodys" so if they are correct Collymore banged in about 25 premiership goals about ten years ago(maybe more) for a team like forest who finished THIRD in the premiership. he is only 36 and when u see Sheringham stil playing, all i was trying to say was tht Collymore had POTENTIAL to be in the premeirship, not saying he would, jsut said potenitally. His spell out the game will obv hamper him but it is nowhere near as dafter staement as it sounds.

I also said i wouldnt touch him with a bargepole because of his perosnal problems which have hampered him ever since he joined Liverpool.

Archived