IGNORED

England U21s

BridgyRed

Fantastic if true, I've wondered in the past why they've played at Turf Moor for England B/Under-21 games at times, yet I've never heard them use anywhere around here. I've wanted to see the Under-21s for a while.

Fantastic if true, I've wondered in the past why they've played at Turf Moor for England B/Under-21 games at times, yet I've never heard them use anywhere around here. I've wanted to see the Under-21s for a while.

England played here a few years back against Italy for a U21 match, think the biggest problem isn't ashton gate, it's the lack of decent training faciitlies in the area

England played here a few years back against Italy for a U21 match, think the biggest problem isn't ashton gate, it's the lack of decent training faciitlies in the area

I remember that. I went to it. Had to get moved as it was pissing down and we were getting soaked! It was 10 years ago. Think we won 1-0. Matt Hewlett was in the squad but didnt play. Think he was only in the squad because back then, the club who was hosting the game had to have at least 1 player in the squad.

The seniors went onto lose 1-0 the night later at Wembley with Gianfranco Zola scoring.

Heh there was I thinking that U21 matches had to play within 100km of the national stadium and hence why Coventry would have been a better place for the national stadium and regardless of this Wembley has so much debt all U21s were to be played there from now on.

I remember that. I went to it. Had to get moved as it was pissing down and we were getting soaked! It was 10 years ago. Think we won 1-0. Matt Hewlett was in the squad but didnt play. Think he was only in the squad because back then, the club who was hosting the game had to have at least 1 player in the squad.

The seniors went onto lose 1-0 the night later at Wembley with Gianfranco Zola scoring.

I'm pretty sure Buffon played that night aswell

.......and I was at that game. Wembley looked so tired by that stage. Mind you, so did England with Walker having a mare in goal. Matt Le Tissier was our biggest threat and Hoddle subbed him. I don't think he played again.

.......and I was at that game. Wembley looked so tired by that stage. Mind you, so did England with Walker having a mare in goal. Matt Le Tissier was our biggest threat and Hoddle subbed him. I don't think he played again.

Hoddle didn't sub him, Le Tissier wanted to go off as the keebab house down the bottom of Wembley way was preparing to shut for the night :whistle2:

Archived