IGNORED

Calm Down Everyone!

fct

OK ok ok calm down, reality check!!!

1 - there's no guarantee Scotty will produce the form he showed last season

2 - there's no guarantee the new two - Rougier and Caskey - will settle into the team quick enough to kick start the faltering campaign.

3 - City haven't won at Port Vale yet so please everyone..... calm down, take a pill or two and rest your feet....

I hope they do pull this shameful team up into division 1 but what a bloody mess it was that necessitated this whacking spending spree by the Board.

All those of you who slate the Board please note they have put THEIR money into this and there's no guarantee it'll be successful.

• Admin

1. at the moment I'd settle for Murray's form in ANY of his previous seasons with us. They'd be better than most our right flank options used so far this season.

2. Agreed but at least they offer us various options. Even if we don't kick on enough initially to make an automatic spot we should at least have settled enough to enter the play-offs in better form than we are currently in.

3. Given our recent form, a draw would be a massive improvement. We couldn't have left ourselves with much of a tougher task really. 3 promotion contenders at home, 3 away and of the teams we visit, Swindon have lost the most at home at a mere 3, the other three sides having only lost twice at home this season :ph34r:

But all in all, the next 8 games should be more enjoyable than had we made no signings.

Aye that's true.. I was trying to bring a modicum of sense to the hysteria of Murray's return. Some will expect too much and when it doesn't happen they'll be hugely disappointed.

Did I read somewhere that Caskey is suspended for 2 games?

All those of you who slate the Board please note they have put THEIR money into this and there's no guarantee it'll be successful.

Beautifully put :ph34r:

A big thank you to the board for at least giving us some restored hope. You can't ask for more than that.

Guest wishbone

Yeh, OK we all know there's no guarantees, but to have Scott back is very exciting & the boost to everyone's morale is priceless.

New blood is always good, so let's all indulge in a bit of

UNBRIDLED OPTIMISM

and welcome all 3 to the fold.

COME ON YOU REDS!

:ph34r::laugh:^_^:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):D:D:D

1. at the moment I'd settle for Murray's form in ANY of his previous seasons with us. They'd be better than most our right flank options used so far this season.

2. Agreed but at least they offer us various options. Even if we don't kick on enough initially to make an automatic spot we should at least have settled enough to enter the play-offs in better form than we are currently in.

3. Given our recent form, a draw would be a massive improvement. We couldn't have left ourselves with much of a tougher task really. 3 promotion contenders at home, 3 away and of the teams we visit, Swindon have lost the most at home at a mere 3, the other three sides having only lost twice at home this season :ph34r:

But all in all, the next 8 games should be more enjoyable than had we made no signings.

Yeah, lets keep calm about this, it may take time for the players to gel.. look what happened a few weeks back, followed by the slump.

Anything will be better than the last 5, but steady City wernt built in a day. Suddenly the season aint over, what a relief!! :laugh:^_^:blink:

Cider-Red for life.............

Guest pentlandsl

Yes, the board deserve praise for backing these moves - but only time will tell how much they have actually had to dip in their pockets.

It seems everyone is forgetting that the reason we are so poor at the moment is we are not sticking the ball in the net, we don't have the whole team giving 110 percent and we don't have a recognised 20-25 goal striker (sorry Leroy, I'm not including you as Danny hasn't given you a fair crack of the whip yet - your time will surely come).

You can have the best wingers in the country playing for you and delivering fantastic crosses into the box, but if you don't have a striker willing to bust a gut to get on the end of their crosses (and Peacock just doesn't seem interested) then you still won't score and still won't win matches. We still don't have that and I fear the pressure this false dawn puts on the team will be counter-productive. Scottie had a great season last year but if you look at his long-term record, its enough to make you feel a little uneasy at the very least.

Caskey will be good cover for Tinnion if he is fit but the most important signing I think is Rougier - I'm sure he will bust a gut to deliver the goods to secure a longer contract and along the way give Peacock the kick up the backside he so richly deserves to start giving his all for the City and earning his wages.

I hope Scott makes the impact that everyone seems to think he will but his contribution is not nearly as needed as Rougier's.

One last thought - no matter how bad the matches are now or how poorly we are performing, we the fans HAVE to play our part and stay behind the team for the WHOLE match - when I say fans I mean EVERYONE - East Enders, Dolman Stand, Atyeo, Williams Stand and even the be-suited prawn cocktail brigade in the Platinum section need to stand up and be counted - get behind the lads, roar them on from first whistle to last. If you were at Crewe when we dropped then you know EXACTLY what is required - COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

Archived