IGNORED

Ivan Sproule

Kibs

Fast attacking central midfielder.

I'm not particularly encouraged by this poll saying he's better coming on as a sub, and:

And he'll probably do nothing against most of the other SPL sides unless we're already winning (if you bring him on when we're 2-0 down against Dunfermline he will just run into brick walls).

Reminds me too much of Tony Thorpe.

forum poll

I would hazard a guess that this story is just the result of us being linked with other SPL players recently. It means any agent of a player in the SPL wanting to drum up interest might mention us and any journalist short of a few inches of an article can make up a rumour and put our name in it.

I can't see GJ being after a player who got nearly as many cards as he got goals last season and this guy doesn't look to be of the same quality as the other players like Naismith and Pospicil who we know are or have been targets.

I would hazard a guess that this story is just the result of us being linked with other SPL players recently. It means any agent of a player in the SPL wanting to drum up interest might mention us and any journalist short of a few inches of an article can make up a rumour and put our name in it.

GJ goes to Scotland! - Cue to being linked with every player from the SPL

GJ looks at a German - Cue to being linked with every player from the Bundesliga and every German.

GJ makes a comment about African players - City linked with every African player.

Guest Eamer

I remember he scored a hat-trick against Rangers once but usually he is used as a substitute. Worth a look.

Here's a couple of paragraphs from Wikipedia that sound promising.

Ivan Sproule (born February 18, 1981 in Castlederg, County Tyrone) is a professional footballer who is famed for his fast feet and pace and currently plays for Hibernian F.C. in the Scottish Premier League. He is perhaps the most revered player amongst the current squad by Hibernian supporters. He has recently been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, of the English Premiership.

Sproule, a winger, came late to professional football. His career had been spent at Omagh Town and Institute - semi-professional clubs in the Irish Football League. He combined playing football with his full time career as an engineer.

Archived