IGNORED

According To The Bookies

wookey

The Bookies (in this case SkyBet) always seem to have a good idea of the likely Championship finish.

We are 15th at 25/1; as I said in another thread we will finish about halfway up the Table and this seems to confirm it.

Note we are higher than QPR.

1. Charlton 7/1

2. WBA 7/1

3. Sheff Utd 8/1

4. Wolves 8/1

5. Watford 9/1

6. Southampton 9/1

7. Leicester 14/1

8. Stoke 16/1

9. Coventry 16/1

10. Cardiff 20/1

11. C Palace 20/1

12. Ipswich 20/1

13. Preston 20/1

14. Sheff Weds 20/1

15. Bristol City 25/1

16. Norwich 25/1

17. Hull 40/1

18. Burnley 40/1

19. Colchester 40/1

20. S****horpe 50/1

21. Plymouth 50/1

22. QPR 50/1

23. Barnsley 50/1

24. Blackpool 50/1

I assume that 25/1 is for finishing 1st or is it for promotion. In any event bookies will always get some mug money this time of year.

Transfers incomplete, no form assessment with lost or added players, in fact a lottery. They have punters money until next may, however they frame a market every year based on the current situation.

I have a betting account, and our dismal results against lower teams cost me money last season. Bookies are in the winning business

Placing us at 15th/16th at this stage is crazy.

We've got an equal chance as Norwich? Rollox do we!

Maybe Redhyde.....just maybe!....But, there are umpteen numptys out there trying to put a placing on City's final position next season. Just a bit soon I reckon. How unreasonable is that?

I think we can expect 4-5 new signings and as the time approaches this forum will be hot buzzing with fuelled speculation as to who is heading to Ashton Gate, I think we are getting a lot of positive signals now as to who/m it might be. So when a lot of players contracts will cease at the end of June, then come very early July a clearer picture will surely emerge.

So, lets all wait until then, wether it be Porter, Naismith, Pospisil the Icelander or whoever. I feel sure we will not be disappointed...then and not until then is speculation about final positions justified. :shutup:

Archived