IGNORED

Fixtures Will Mean Season Ticket Sales Will Now Slow!

alanpayne

we are in the Championship now , so once the mighty Sky start picking games,

we could be playing on a Friday night, Saturday tea time, Sunday morning, Monday evening,

get used to it.

At least we are playing all 23 home games in Bristol!

I believe that many may now be put off by 7 homes games being on a Tueday. What do think guys?

I think you are totally nuts!

What about all the people who play football, or have the kids every other weekend? ?

What about people like me who are in the pub industry and a Saturday is a busy trading day, Tuesday nights are not so busy meaning I can take that as time off and watch the city in my new red seat!....

I think the number of midweek home games already, before sky rearrangements, makes a good case for a saturday player deal, such as 10 games for the price of 9 or something like that. Or ideally a return to the membership scheme, say £30 up front but £3 off match day prices, and for big games priority ahead of general sale (obviously after ST etc).

But given that the club have sought to milk as much as they can out of their most comitted fans, season ticket holders, those of us looking for a deal to suit those not able to go to all home games should clearly not hold our breath!

A very good point.

It means that we won't be buying season tickets - been waiting for the fixture list.

A couple of cup wins and it doesn't make financial sense for us to shell out the money up front - more rearranged fixtures for midweek.

We can't make midweek games so no ST.

Not the clubs fault at all, just the way the fixtures have been done and our circumstances, but it doesn't stop us attending 12+ games at AG and at least the same away, probably more.

There will be a lot in the same position - like most seasons.

i suspect it would still be cheaper for you to get a ST if your going to that many home game

I believe that many may now be put off by 7 homes games being on a Tueday. What do think guys?

Most who were buying will have bought up there season tickets by now anyway, They obviously cant continue to sell at the same rate they have been. I see what you're saying though. I can see us breaking the 10,000 barrier but not much more than that. (Still excellent IMO)

I think you are totally nuts!

What about all the people who play football, or have the kids every other weekend? ?

What about people like me who are in the pub industry and a Saturday is a busy trading day, Tuesday nights are not so busy meaning I can take that as time off and watch the city in my new red seat!....

I'm not sure I see your point, I think the people you are talking about probably wont be season ticket holders anyway........Lads that play football on a saturday arent going to have a season ticket, They are going to pay on the day whenever they can get to matches.

I think the number of midweek home games already, before sky rearrangements, makes a good case for a saturday player deal, such as 10 games for the price of 9 or something like that. Or ideally a return to the membership scheme, say £30 up front but £3 off match day prices, and for big games priority ahead of general sale (obviously after ST etc).

But given that the club have sought to milk as much as they can out of their most comitted fans, season ticket holders, those of us looking for a deal to suit those not able to go to all home games should clearly not hold our breath!

You should contact the Commercial Department!! A Saturday Only and a Midweek Only season ticket deal, now we know what the fixtures are, may well have some mileage in it.

7 tuesday night games i think are great better atmosphere at the ground and happy hour prices in our local for match days plus some close teams southamton west brom wolves coventry on those nights speak for your self its sounds great to me :yes:

It's borderline.

If City have a decent draw in the cup and progress, more games will be moved to midweek, and there is the prospect of TV moving games to midweek as well so the saturday games (which are the only ones we can attend) are diminished further.

I wasn't too surprised to see so many midweek games up front, and it confirmed what I thought - we won't be buying a season ticket. We never have, so it's no loss either way.

I'll take my chances on getting a POTD ticket for saturdays and hope that the club actually wakes up next season and rewards the loyalty of customers/consumers (or supporters in our world), who attend the majority of away games as well as a good number of home games and those who buy season tickets up front.

It really isn't that difficult for them to do that, and a lot of clubs have various loyalty schemes which recognises the different levels of support. If City really do want to become a big club, they should really be looking at acting like one and harnessing support and not just cashing in on a little bit of success.

I would suggest that SL looks forward and considers a move for an established CEO who understands the football environment and who can take the club and it's support forward together.

I agree with the last paragraph. The whole Commercial Department should be scrapped and replaced. It is not the decisions that the club makes that necessarily causes the problems - it is the way they are implemented without thought for what they now term the "punters, customers or consumers" and the total lack of common sense that they apply in the implementation. As you say the Department needs to have "Football" people within it and whilst it might cost the club a few quid more in wages I am convinced that will be more than compensated in additional revenue.

Archived