IGNORED

Away Fans, How Many?

potbelly

How many games will realistically attract a sell out away following?

Personally i don`t think we will see that many more away fans at the gate this season.

The restrictive POD prices work both ways.

How many Colchester / Burnley fans will want to travel to pay £30.00?

If we had stayed in Div 1, we would have had Gas, Forest, Leeds, Yeovil, Swansea, all bringing big numbers.

In summary, our average gate this season will not be many more than last year, and that is very dissapointing.

Personally i don`t think we will see that many more away fans at the gate this season.

If we had stayed in Div 1, we would have had Gas, Forest, Leeds, Yeovil, Swansea, all bringing big numbers.

In summary, our average gate this season will not be many more than last year, and that is very dissapointing.

Simple.

Any team doing well and a glint at the Premeirship, wont give a toss how much it costs to get in.

If your looking down at relegation though, its a completely difference situation, and only the die hards will follow

You have mentioned only 5 matches where we might have got a full away end (and the Gas hardly ever fill it, they don't like coming south of the river)

I can think of at least 14 matches next season where there is a posibility of the opposition filling the EE.

Cardiff

Charlton

Coventry

Crystal Palace

Leicester

Plimuff

QPR

Both Sheffield teams

Southampton

Stoke

Watford

West Brom

Wolves

A little daft.

There are some clubs with fantastic away followings in the championship...

Wolves, West Brom, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday...all will bring 2000+

Then youve got Cardiff, Watford Plymouth, QPR, Crystal Palace, Charlton....all are reasonably close and could feasibly sell out depending on how well they are doing.

Swansea only sold around half of their 3000 allocation the other week, and since when do the Sags ever sell out our away end anyway??

Our average gate will be FAR more than last year. More season ticket holders, bigger away support = Bigger gates.

How on earth can the Championship be the 4th best supported league in EUROPE without away teams also bringing larger numbers of fans on average?

Archived