IGNORED

No News Evil Post

Rich

Why do we always get a period of time, in the close season when the E P city reporter goes on annual vacation and the only coverage of city stories is done by the confirmed gashead Colin Swift.Unless there's a major story the lazy predjudiced git won't write a thing about City.This is yet another example of the biassed non reporting of our club.they always do their best to raise the profile of Rovers while at the same time keep us in the background ,unless it's bad news.If your out of sight your out of mind,I also think as a club we could raise our profile,how many times have you been in shops around the country and wished you could see a city mug, badge, scarf, sticker amongst the saints, spurs,huddersfield, shrewsbury merchandise and been dissapointed .

The other day i had a quick look at the EP and both the stories on the back were gas related. The main story was about rovers gettin palace in the cup, this was the same day as us having a bid rejected for a German under 21 internationally surely people are more interested in this than the small club in Bristol playing an average championship side?

The other day i had a quick look at the EP and both the stories on the back were gas related. The main story was about rovers gettin palace in the cup, this was the same day as us having a bid rejected for a German under 21 internationally surely people are more interested in this than the small club in Bristol playing an average championship side?

our peporter is on his hols again so it don't get reported.It happens every year.

Not defending the E.P at all, but I do think you are being a little OTT here. Surely the Gas getting Palace at home in the cup is a bigger story than us getting Brentford, or a possible signing which probably won't happen anyway. Plus, if I remember correctly, space was given to our cup draw at the top of the page that evening.

Not defending the E.P at all, but I do think you are being a little OTT here. Surely the Gas getting Palace at home in the cup is a bigger story than us getting Brentford, or a possible signing which probably won't happen anyway. Plus, if I remember correctly, space was given to our cup draw at the top of the page that evening.

Each game is equally as big as the other to it's teams supporters,the story was joint, but written by Swift the Rovers reporter and his emphasis was on them.

with a pony tail, a tash and wearing a donkey jacket.

I swear the guy in the EP who did the Match Reports for Rovers last season was bald, at least in his picture. Someone help?

Why do we always get a period of time, in the close season when the E P city reporter goes on annual vacation and the only coverage of city stories is done by the confirmed gashead Colin Swift.Unless there's a major story the lazy predjudiced git won't write a thing about City.This is yet another example of the biassed non reporting of our club.they always do their best to raise the profile of Rovers while at the same time keep us in the background ,unless it's bad news.If your out of sight your out of mind,I also think as a club we could raise our profile,how many times have you been in shops around the country and wished you could see a city mug, badge, scarf, sticker amongst the saints, spurs,huddersfield, shrewsbury merchandise and been dissapointed .

You really are a fool are you not. Why do you think city reported, and gas scribes go away during the 'close season'. yes because it is the close season and there is pretty muck nothing to write about, let alone anything interesting. Take the City Website headline of 'grass shoots start to sprig'. Hardly mind numbing news, unless you are mind numbingly bored.

I thought the "post" was a city paper?

Is the Rovers reporter the bald guy who looks like the man in Coronation Street who owns the corner shop with his wife?

If you mean Norris Cole - Rita ain't his wife. :grr::doh:

Mind you i've met a huge amount of Rovers' fans who resemble Norris in both looks and personality so you could be on to something here. :noexpression:

Chris Swift is the guy I'm talking about, his picture in the post shows him with very little hair and no jacket.

No jacket, :grr: that's disgraceful :odefinite gashead.:yes:

Makes me seethe - bet he's wearing flares as well. :angry:

You really are a fool are you not. Why do you think city reported, and gas scribes go away during the 'close season'. yes because it is the close season and there is pretty muck nothing to write about, let alone anything interesting. Take the City Website headline of 'grass shoots start to sprig'. Hardly mind numbing news, unless you are mind numbingly bored.

You are correct nothing happens in the close season does it,I am a fool and your'e not a pr##k. How do you know nothing is happening when the reporters off on his hols.This happens every year and when he comes back he tries to play catch up.I am trying to portray the E P as being unprofesional in only having one other reporter ( a gashead) to cover or uncover any news from our club.

I spoke with the EP recently as I was also a bit psssed off to see Rovers on the back page two days running re the League Cup and League fixtures.

Conceeded that perhaps Rovers had the better League Cup draw but was disappointed not to see a City headline re the League fixtures such as "City play QPR at home as Championship football returns to Bristol".

He said that they would have put a City headline if we had got one of the "bigger" teams as an opening fixture. However, he felt the league fix towards Rovers playing the bigger teams all at the Bristol Rugby Ground in the first half of the season was the bigger story.

What the EP did go on to say was that Rovers are normally more approachable and helpful than City regarding news. In particular, they get no leads from Johnson re potential signings. Now I'll let you decide if that is a good thing or bad thing. My view is with the Gaffer. Why risk a potential signing for a headline in the EP. Johnson prefers to do his business behind closed doors and will only let the EP have the details when he is good and ready and the deal is done.

Is the Rovers reporter the bald guy who looks like the man in Coronation Street who owns the corner shop with his wife?

Nope...he's the fat bloke who wears his belly out of his pants while riding his knackered girlie bike badly over the cobbled streets with a loaf a bread poking out the basket. :noexpression:

we will see how average they are when you play them ??????

Archived