IGNORED

Jericho Saved!

Steve Watts

By Tim Surette - TV.com

June 6, 2007 at 05:33:00 PM | more stories by this author

Under the pressure of pleas from fans and lots of nuts, CBS orders seven-episode renewal of cult favorite; DVD due in September.

Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, and Arrested Development fans take note. The people have rallied, and a television network actually took notice.

A day after it was rumored that a deal was in the works to bring Jericho back from cancellation, CBS today confirmed that the show will return for at least seven more episodes.

On the official Jericho message boards, CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler began a lengthy post with one word--"Wow!" Impressed with the outcry from fans of the show, Tassler announced that Jericho will return midseason next year.

The post reads, "Over the past few weeks, you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a primetime television series. You got our attention; your e-mails and collective voice have been heard."

The initial order is only for seven episodes, but CBS is hoping that the show's fans can rally more viewers, which will in turn mean more Jericho.

"In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more Jericho, we will need more viewers," Tassler's post continues. "A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available. We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity, and volume you have displayed in recent weeks."

CBS will do its part by re-airing the first season of Jericho this summer, streaming episodes and clips of the show online, and releasing the first season on DVD on September 25.

Shortly after the show's premiere season ended on a cliffhanger, Jericho was left off CBS' 2007-2008 fall schedule and presumed to be cancelled. The die-hard Jericho fans fought back with e-mails, "save Jericho" Web sites, and countless message board posts. But the real protest came in the form of a campaign, which saw fans send in pounds and pounds of nuts to CBS' corporate offices.

"On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of Jericho in such an extraordinary manner," Tassler's post reads. "Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference."

The post closes with, "P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :)"

This is cracking news!!! Up to episode 16 and it is fantastic!!! :dancing6:

GET IN!!!!

And all the tonnes of nuts they sent them must have finally got to them.

Thank the lord for common sense!!!

So glad you're enjoying it by the way, and it does get really good (yes it is possible for it to get better than it is right now) in the ending few episodes which is I guess why so many people were infuriated when it was axed.

So what's it all about?

Brilliant american series about a community trying to survive after nuclear weapons have been dropped on most of the country and there are only pockets of survivors all fighting over whats left of the country.

I erm borrowed it off the net, and watched all 22 episodes only for CBS to axe it from their future plans. Thereby followed a massive and I really do mean MASSIVE campaign to save it. Which has now thankfully succeeded, it will hopefully tie up all the loose ends.

I'm sure you can find the pilot online to borrow....well worth it really. Starts off slowly but just gets better and better.

Brilliant american series about a community trying to survive after nuclear weapons have been dropped on most of the country and there are only pockets of survivors all fighting over whats left of the country.

I erm borrowed it off the net, and watched all 22 episodes only for CBS to axe it from their future plans. Thereby followed a massive and I really do mean MASSIVE campaign to save it. Which has now thankfully succeeded, it will hopefully tie up all the loose ends.

I'm sure you can find the pilot online to borrow....well worth it really. Starts off slowly but just gets better and better.

And better!

Thanks for the heads up on it...really is fantastic! Heroes starts on the Beeb in July.... you really have to catch that!! Only fair I return the favour!

Heroes starts on the Beeb in July.... you really have to catch that!! Only fair I return the favour!

Brilliant, I was wondering when it would be on. Thanks. Will keep an eye out for Heroes starting, cant find the bloody disc I had it on....Glad you are enjoying my recommendation, still a few twists and turns yet to come which is why those who have seen to the end, like me, were so infuriated when it was axed. Lets hope all the actors/actresses will be back on board...well those that survived until the end anyway! :surrender:

Brilliant, I was wondering when it would be on. Thanks. Will keep an eye out for Heroes starting, cant find the bloody disc I had it on....Glad you are enjoying my recommendation, still a few twists and turns yet to come which is why those who have seen to the end, like me, were so infuriated when it was axed. Lets hope all the actors/actresses will be back on board...well those that survived until the end anyway! :surrender:

Ha I have all 24 episodes and I like it! :innocent06:

Archived