IGNORED

Will Qpr Game Go Ahead ?

xerox6060

Since the fixtures were released, I've wondered how the Police will have the resource to cover both these events, to me someone whether it be the league or City has made a slip up here, could the game be postponed or maybe a fixture reverse enforced with us travelling to Loftus Road ?

Not good, but it might happen.

i'm sure the police have suitable back-up. Unless they open that big Car Park place (which personally i don't think they will open it), i think everything will be fine

next we're have someone coming on here saying what if a Balloon lands on the pitch or worse flattens Johnson :noexpression: :surrender:

Didnt we have scunthorpe at home first game of last season though??

Yes, but that was the weekend before the balloon fiesta, we were away to Huddersfield fiesta w/e

I was surprised we have a home fixture and the Police apparantly didn't ask for a change. They are confident both can go ahead. The more I think about it the more it makes sense for the club/fiesta...

Opening match, big crowd which the balloon fiesta people will hope will go up to them after the match.

Balloon fiesta, large crowd, nothing much to do during the day match on down the road, QPR fans down for the weekend...

The traffic will be chaos, but since when did the Police care about that, even more chance to book people for parking illegally!

I did walk up to the fiesta after the football last time it happened, Notts county 5-0 (or was it 5-1?). Really hot day and the fiesta was packed. I was knackered due to being up before dawn that day and the day before to go to see the balloons. Not sure if I want to do that again.. but I will as we love the balloons!

It's already reported that Police do not have a problem and will be talking to Club Directors and Fiesta officials to try and overcome traffic and crowd problems. I think the plan will be to advertise that both are on the same day and leave early enough to get to what ever event you choose.

Hate to say it but I ain't got a problem living in Ashton Vale but wish all those luck getting to the ground! :whistle:

MM

We had Notts County at home a few seasons ago on the Saturday of the balloon festival, and that still went ahead....

And it was a scorching day, and we won 5-0 then if i remember rightly i went up to the baloon festival to celebrate the win!

Lee Peacock with 2

Lee Matthews with 2

and Lee Miller got the third

that was arguebly the hottest game i have ever been to :englandsmile4wf:

I agree absolutely baking that day, saw numerous girlies going in bikini tops !

This years balloon festival also has a significant concert planned during Saturday I believe this is primarily why the police have resource concerns.

It's already reported that Police do not have a problem and will be talking to Club Directors and Fiesta officials to try and overcome traffic and crowd problems. I think the plan will be to advertise that both are on the same day and leave early enough to get to what ever event you choose.

Hate to say it but I ain't got a problem living in Ashton Vale but wish all those luck getting to the ground! :whistle:

MM

Thats all well and good saying leave early and give yourself plenty of time. The Balloon Fiesta starts early and the majority of people will be there before the early lift offs at 6 a.m. This means there is not going to be many parking spaces available after 6 a.m. for people attending the match..

The police also cordon off the Long Ashton By-Pass parking spaces and the park and ride car park will be full up with balloonists.

Its going to be chaos

Thats all well and good saying leave early and give yourself plenty of time. The Balloon Fiesta starts early and the majority of people will be there before the early lift offs at 6 a.m. This means there is not going to be many parking available for people attending the match after 6 a.m.

The police also cordon off the Long Ashton By-Pass parking spaces and the park and ride car park will be full up with balloonists.

Its going to be chaos

Quite tempting to walk down instead if its a nice day!

Get the Train

Everytime i have ever gone to watch City by train we lose so i would rather not :laugh: ...

I also give this old guy (86) a lift to every home game and i couldn't expect him to travel by train and have the hassle of getting to and from the station

Thats all well and good saying leave early and give yourself plenty of time. The Balloon Fiesta starts early and the majority of people will be there before the early lift offs at 6 a.m. This means there is not going to be many parking spaces available after 6 a.m. for people attending the match..

Its going to be chaos

I don't think the people who have travelled a long way and are down for the day will be the problem, they'll probably use the official car parks in Ashton court anyway.

It's more the people who are 'locals' but it's too far for them to walk, they will try to park in roads as close as they can (and avoid the £8.00 parking charge). From experience the evening really starts around 5.00pm with balloon inflating until they lift off anytime after 6.00pm, they are not allowed to fly en masse before 6.00pm and it's often nearer 7.00pm. The pilots want to get a flight in early though as they could travel miles and have to get back for the Night Glow. People start arriving anytime around tea-time and joining the people who have been there all day.

I don't think there will be problem finding spaces at 6.00am as residents are mostly still at home, but if you get a large football crowd departing as people are arriving for the lift off and night glow the roads are going to be busy!!!

Obviously if it's rainy or a bit too windy or misty we won't have a problem as the balloons can't fly anyway!

I don't think the people who have travelled a long way and are down for the day will be the problem, they'll probably use the official car parks in Ashton court anyway.

It's more the people who are 'locals' but it's too far for them to walk, they will try to park in roads as close as they can (and avoid the £8.00 parking charge). From experience the evening really starts around 5.00pm with balloon inflating until they lift off anytime after 6.00pm, they are not allowed to fly en masse before 6.00pm and it's often nearer 7.00pm. The pilots want to get a flight in early though as they could travel miles and have to get back for the Night Glow. People start arriving anytime around tea-time and joining the people who have been there all day.

I don't think there will be problem finding spaces at 6.00am as residents are mostly still at home, but if you get a large football crowd departing as people are arriving for the lift off and night glow the roads are going to be busy!!!

Obviously if it's rainy or a bit too windy or misty we won't have a problem as the balloons can't fly anyway!

As mentioned earlier I think its the 'concert' in the afternoon the police are more worried about

surely the A & S police can handle it ?

Look at a map of England. Avon & somerset is a pretty big area. the fact that this is a debate is V sad indeed

I've been in London and went to see Chelsea v Aston Villa whilst Spurs, West Ham, QPR, Crystal Pal & Barnet also played in the capital

For christ sake, Bristol is a big place, reality check yeah

A & S police, surely this isnt a issue

surely the A & S police can handle it ?

Look at a map of England. Avon & somerset is a pretty big area. the fact that this is a debate is V sad indeed

I've been in London and went to see Chelsea v Aston Villa whilst Spurs, West Ham, QPR, Crystal Pal & Barnet also played in the capital

For christ sake, Bristol is a big place, reality check yeah

A & S police, surely this isnt a issue

Come on we are talking A & S Police here !! :10_1_108:

If they could handle events like the Met Police why don't they let City and the Gas play home matches on the same day ? Obviously they cant !!!

Yes you are right Avon and Somerset is a pretty big area but it is not just Bristol they will have to cover they have to cover all that area. If the entire force is on traffic duty around Ashton on that day the rest of the province would be unpoliced and a become robbers paradise...

Anyway your right the issue is not how good the A&S Police are, it is where is everyone going to park that day with 200,000 people estimated to be attending both events that day .....

Archived