IGNORED

The Real Aaron Brown

Riaz

He left AG in pursuit of bigger and better teams ... QPR, Swindon and now Gillingham. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Why do people dislike Aaron Brown for leaving? He went to a club in a higher league and suffered a horrific time with injuries. Let's all gloat at him...

Why do people dislike Aaron Brown for leaving? He went to a club in a higher league and suffered a horrific time with injuries. Let's all gloat at him...

I'm not gloating at Aaron Brown and have no reason to dislike him. My comment is aimed not only at him but to many other footballers. In my opinion he suffered in the mistaken belief that the grass was greener away from Ashton Gate and went chasing that dream. It didn't work out did it? He could have stayed with us but chose the other option.

It's called irony mate.

1 Game in 10 player. If he was consitent he would of been a very good player.

I disagree, he was better than a 1 game in 10 player but was always a target for the boo boys and racist ####s that get down the gate. He also had a very good season prior to breaking his leg and then obviously leaving.

We haven't had a partnership down the left like him and Bell since IMO, provided lots of good crosses

and chances between them and also weighed in with some goals.

because he thought he was better than the club.

when he was on form he was decent but was a lazy player a times.

Regarding an earlier reply, I don't think that the majority of criticism levelled at Aaron was in any way due to the colour of his skin.

The main problem I had with him was that he often seemed to open his scoring account for the season in the final game or so, when it didn't really matter anymore.

That said, a very skillful player. Will remember his run and cross for Thorpe in the 3-2 over Rovers, and a mazy run that ended with him hitting the post in a game at WBA (the one with the crowd problems).

Can anyone remember our last foray into the unknown league we're in this season, away at west brom? Aaron brown had his best game for us then. he was all over the pitch. Looked like he'd create chances each time he got the ball. one game in a few seasons type of player if you ask me.

(sorry nicered, just noticed you were there.)

The guy wanted to play at a higher level, we couldn't provide him with that higher level, he left, things didn't work out.

Why are we so obsessed with this "bigger than the club" argument? He had ambition, if we had matched it he would have stayed. We couldn't, so he took the decision to leave.

I disagree, he was better than a 1 game in 10 player but was always a target for the boo boys and racist ####s that get down the gate. He also had a very good season prior to breaking his leg and then obviously leaving.

Target for boo-boys , yes occasionally, because of his languid style and inconsistency.

Racists? - never once heard that. :no:

Racists? - never once heard that. :no:

Didn't stop the Evil Post splashing a non-story all over the front page - about the racist abuse he got after he played for Swindon at the Gate

Used to call him Marmite - not because of his colour of course :innocent06: but because you either loved him or hated him

Who was the nasty ex-saghead playing for QPR who broke his leg - maybe cost us promotion that year???

Aaron Brown on his day is/was one of the best lower league wingers. The big problem was he came in and out of games too much, and would go missing on the pitch too often. This then lead certain areas of AG to throw abuse at him, thus causing a dip in form because he took it too heart too easily.

We have struggled to replace him, but then in my opinion I don't think he was the long term answer anyway.

We haven't had a partnership down the left like him and Bell since IMO, provided lots of good crosses

Who are these racists that sit all over the gate then?

Of all the black players to leave the club over the years I cannot recall one saying the reason he left was to get away from the racist fans. The only "racist" issue we have heard is the story from Liam Rosenior about the players and the fabricated story in the Evening Post that took the heat out of the Rovers coin chucking incident a couple of seasons back. Although the fact that no other black player received the same apparent treatment as him might suggest that he was simply disliked for being Liam Rosenior - cocky, arrogant little 18 year old - rather than for being black. Surely, with such a racist element as you describe, Enoch should not have come anywhere near the Gate? So has Enoch got no principles or is he mad?

I always thought he was popular Ashton Gate, I liked him has a player and thought he was very good player. He never got more or less stick from the fans than any other player and never once did I hear racist abuse.

It seems to me you are playing the race card which is very sad.

Racism vs Aaron Brown, my arse!! Now the point I want to make is that he was ill-advised to leave City, when badly injured, with a contract on the table, offering him security.I liked him, he was inconsistent, but so were Junior Bent, Greg Goodridge and the most infuriating Marc Goodfellow.I think people did get on his back a bit, because they knew what he was potentially capable of, but the colour of his skin never came into it.

I don't dislike Aaron Brown, I don't think he's ever been replaced, but I do think he's a fool, what person with any sense would leave a decent club having just obtained a serious injury, a badly advised one.

Chris Weale, Wayne Rooney,

I don't dislike Aaron Brown, I don't think he's ever been replaced, but I do think he's a fool, what person with any sense would leave a decent club having just obtained a serious injury, a badly advised one.

First thing to remember in life is that. the grass is not always greener.......... the second thing to remember in life is loyalty goes a long way and it can be a two way street............ third thing to remember in life is life is not all about you......... the forth thing to remember in life is Bristol City FC is a club worth playing for and compared to many other walks of life you will be payed well for your efforts and even if you think you are the next big thing BCFC has helped you?

Archived