IGNORED

Russell Set To Sign.

Henry

I'm pleased by this. remember how crucial Rob Edwards was last time we went up, and although Russell is not quite as good, he provides the same steadying influence on the squad.

Saw Rob Edwards in the Exeter/Oxford conference semi-final and in the final at Wembley. A bit slower than he was, but still a class act.

And he shook my 10 year old's hand after picking up his loser's medal. Top man.

"I have just popped my contract back into the post.

"I have signed for City for another year and am really glad to have got it all sorted out. To be honest, I have let my agent deal with it. It was what I expected and now I am really looking forward to playing in the Championship.

"It's great to feel wanted, and when you consider we [City] were bottom of the table at the start of the first season I was there, and then the gaffer came in and got us to just within reach of the play-offs. It was some achievement.

"Obviously last season was tremendous - even better - and we are all looking forward to being in the Championship.

"It will be my first time back there since I left. I am really looking forward to it. It will be great seeing the likes of Woodsy and Hilly again."

It's funny he got the contract in the post and sent it back that way, I didn't realise football clubs still did that. I suppose it goes along with them faxing through transfer offers in a fight against modern technology.

And what clever nicknames these footballers come up with...

Archived