IGNORED

8th Sept

BCFC.Ady65

That must be the reason we're without a game on October 13th then, the lads want to celebrate my 23rd.

23? Guess it makes sense. You have the stature and mental age of a 13 year old and the looks of a 33 year old who's had a particularly tough life- and you're actually somewhere in the middle.

Must be something about people born on 13th October- I have two mates born on that day and they're both idiots too. You guys could form a little club?

Edit- Stu, is this message a little too harsh? I'm having slight feelings that I am being mean to you but it just comes so naturally to me. Should I care?

Must be something about people born on 13th October- I have two mates born on that day and they're both idiots too. You guys could form a little club?

:bruce_h4h: Oi watch it I was born on that day too and I'm not an idiot - then again might be cos I'm no-where near 23 neither. Also same birthday as Maggie Thatcher and Edwina Currie ....

Edit- Stu, is this message a little too harsh? I'm having slight feelings that I am being mean to you but it just comes so naturally to me. Should I care?

In all honesty I'd be worried if you'd said otherwise. In all the years I've known you, you've been nothing but a evil vindictive bástard without a nice word to say about anyone else. Why change now? :innocent06:

P.S. Chessels, power to the 13/10. Long live Maggie.

Fictional characters don't really count

Oh, that's just great coming from you. :innocent06: So the great man that did liberate Somerset just prior to liberating Bristol from the terrible Royalist tyranny of 1645 is a fictional character? :disapointed2se:

.....an excerpt of the action: His Excellency Oliver Cromwell led his Ironsides through the blazing village of Langport to ride down the fleeing Royalists. Lord Goring, his army shattered, fled westwards into Devon. Many Royalist fugitives from the battle were hunted down and killed by Somerset Clubmen - i.e. scootered's Somerset ancestors - in revenge for the depredations inflicted during the Royalist occupation. :clapping:

Map of the route taken by the army of the English Parliament (The New Model Army) in liberating Somerset and Bristol from the terrible Royalist tyranny of 1645........

langport-campaign.jpg

Source: http://www.british-civil-wars.co.uk/milita...ort-bristol.htm

Thank God City are not playing. It is my cousin's wedding that day so would have been forced to miss the game! Can make do without England for a day! :)

I'm going to a wedding that day as well. They actually planned it so that all their mates wouldnt have to decide between a wedding and football.

Fictional characters don't really count

The great fiction is really your German descended Queen Elizabeth II as a legitimate English Monarch. :winner_third_h4h:

I can just imagine the scene now, Oliver Cromwell and his Ironside cavalry thundering through your back garden hunting down the Royalist foe. Then your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather donning his smock and pitchfork to give the hapless remainder of the Royalist army a good olde forking for nicking his cider flagons.

Map of the route taken by the army of the English Parliament (The New Model Army) in liberating Somerset and Bristol from the terrible Royalist tyranny of 1645........

langportcampaignvf1.jpg

Archived