IGNORED

Season Ticket Price Increase

Dolman_Stand

Does anyone know how much the price will go up by upon the sale of the 10,000th ticket??

Probably another 30%!! This move smacks of trying to limit season ticket sales and increase revenue from POTD. 10,000 season ticket sales will guarantee an average attendance of around 12,500 with away fans factored in plus POTD. I just cannot see any sensible reason for doing it. Surely the aim has to be to sell the capacity less the away capacity of season tickets. The income for the season is then guaranteed and either earning interest in the bank or cutting interest on the overdraft.

Probably another 30%!! This move smacks of trying to limit season ticket sales and increase revenue from POTD. 10,000 season ticket sales will guarantee an average attendance of around 12,500 with away fans factored in plus POTD. I just cannot see any sensible reason for doing it. Surely the aim has to be to sell the capacity less the away capacity of season tickets. The income for the season is then guaranteed and either earning interest in the bank or cutting interest on the overdraft.

Just a thought, but maybe the board have next season and the reduced capacity at the gate in mind? If there are significantly more than 10,000 season ticket holders wishing to renew next season, the opportunity to fleece.....err sorry maximise revenue from POTD/away fans reduces somewhat....... :whistle:

I would guess at 5/10%.

The club would prefer all ST's as they wouldn't have to sell tickets on the day at all.

On the basis that's even less likely to happen with the recent price hike, they'll be concerned even if ST Sales hit 10,000 because that will mean a severe drop on the 40% of fans who were POD last season (Inc an average of about 500 away fans each week).

Whilst the away fans will increase on average by 500/1,000 IMHO, which is good, on the basis that we sell 10,000, many of last seasons POD will have become ST Holders (2/3,000 extra ST's haven't suddenly come out of the woodwork).

A look at the average home gates 7/10 games in will give you the figure and I'll be surprised if the average is much about 13,000/13,5000(10,000 ST+1,500 Away+1,500/2,000 POD)

People are focussing on ST's, but that's far from the B all and end all this season.

Archived