IGNORED

David Nugent/value For Money

all this talk about which striker we will sign and the amounts of money involved, got me thinking about value for money.

david nugent is on the verge of a £7million move to the premiership, but looking at his strike rate he has only scored 33 goals in 94 (maybe 96) championship games. this is hardly a fantastic record, a goal once every 3 games!

with the transfer market how it is at the moment, wouldnt a couple of season long loans (dj campbell for example) be a better option, rather than paying big money for untried players such as naismith?

obviously there are bargins out there, but you got to be quick to pick these up. the longer its left, the more money you will end up paying for a player

DJ Campbell, Signed on a fa cup games he played.

He isnt that good.

he was only an example, but probably the type of player we will be looking for.

the point is, what is better value for money. sign someone for big money for a club like ours and hope they push us forward, or bring someone in on loan and if it all goes wrong, were not going to lose out on him?

Just goes to show how things could be a little different now, IF Lita could have been convinced to stay a bit longer. His value as we all knew went up the day he moved to Reading, got to be worth between 3 - 6 million now.

Reading got themselves an absoloute bargain, City had been waiting like every club to get a natural goal scorer for decades, one comes along at last and he is sold within 2 seasons, real shame we weren't in a better situation league wise to resist.

I think the difference between Nugent and Lita is Nugents head is more switched on, Lita was born with good pace and a strong shot, Nugent is a much more clever player and I think is more suited to the premier league, hecan link up well with midfield and has very good positional sense, creates space for others and himself.

£7miliion for David Nugent is absolute daylight robbery, ill admit he is quite a good player but never worth that amount. As for playing for England U-21's i think Lita outshone him, and with Nugent worth £7mil thats gotta be good for us if Lita ever moves on.

£7miliion for David Nugent is absolute daylight robbery, ill admit he is quite a good player but never worth that amount. As for playing for England U-21's i think Lita outshone him, and with Nugent worth £7mil thats gotta be good for us if Lita ever moves on.

How can it be daylight Robbery? He is the one who has a senior England cap and a goal, that is something Lita doesnt have (yet) on his cv.

Personal choice I would choose Lita in my team because of his goals but, it's not all about goals is it, otherwise Rooney wouldn't be playing for England either.

How can it be daylight Robbery? He is the one who has a senior England cap and a goal, that is something Lita doesnt have (yet) on his cv.

his goal was barely a tap in against a team we should have walked. he hardly did anything at all versus Andorra, and i can't see him being in many squad often unless injuries decimate the wealth of better striking talent ahead of him. owen, rooney, johnson, bent, defoe, crouch, smith are all better imho.

his goal was barely a tap in against a team we should have walked. he hardly did anything at all versus Andorra, and i can't see him being in many squad often unless injuries decimate the wealth of better striking talent ahead of him. owen, rooney, johnson, bent, defoe, crouch, smith are all better imho.

Point is he was the one who was called up not Lita, I agree though, I would have Lita over Nugent purely for his goals.

Personal choice I would choose Lita in my team because of his goals but, it's not all about goals is it, otherwise Rooney wouldn't be playing for England either.

Ok maybe i exaggerated a little but £7mil for him is a little over the mark, i just feel if he is worth that much Lita should at least be equivalent to that price tag also.

But then again he does have an England cap and goal(ish) but he is in a team where his name is automatically picked (preston) whereas Lita at Reading was in and out of the Reading team all season.

I'm a City fan living in Preston and have been to see PNE play a few times this season and Nugent has time and again been the best player on the pitch. It's not only his goals that Sunderland will be paying for (although granted that is the main part of a strikers job, scoring goals) but he works tirelessly off the ball and creates as many as he scores. He's a big lad too. I think that he'll make the step up to the Prem with ease, as Lita has. In this day and age I think Nugent is worth the money....

I'm a City fan living in Preston and have been to see PNE play a few times this season and Nugent has time and again been the best player on the pitch. It's not only his goals that Sunderland will be paying for (although granted that is the main part of a strikers job, scoring goals) but he works tirelessly off the ball and creates as many as he scores. He's a big lad too. I think that he'll make the step up to the Prem with ease, as Lita has. In this day and age I think Nugent is worth the money....

spot on, Nugent is an all round better player than Lita, Lita is a goal scorer and that's all, Nugent is a goal scorer but also has other aspects of his game, Nugent will do well in the premiership when he gets their no doubt about it, but he has to do it for more than just one season,

Lita has scored a few goals in one premiership season, he's proven nothing yet, if he gets anotherow 15 or so this season, or then he might get a look in at England level...however that is all down to him sorting out his off the field behavour

Chopra is better than Nugget. therefore Chopra is worth 8 million. OH WAIT A MINUTE, Chopra doesn't get Nugents hype do forgive me.

That must be old Chopra Harris of Chelsea fame.

Way past his best now mate and appalling goalscoring record. :angry:

You have a very good point there and i too would have Lita in my team, but if you are going to pay £7,000,000 for a player then surely he should be able to get goals as well

What does that matter, Nugent is regarded highly in the game because he is young and very good technically, whats this got to do with Chopra?

Chopra is a good player but the premier league clubs obviously don't think he'll be good enough to step up a level.

What does that matter, Nugent is regarded highly in the game because he is young and very good technically, whats this got to do with Chopra?

Chopra is a good player but the premier league clubs obviously don't think he'll be good enough to step up a level.

And it sure as hell wont happen with baaahdiff

how would u know... uve been in league one the last 4 years whilst weve been analysing our prem chances

comical_ali.jpg

We are bigger than Barcelona, we have a top premiership striker here that every club wants, we are not close to bankruptcy, Sam Hamman did not screw us, Peter Risdale was not responsible for the collapse of Leeds Utd, We wont sell Earnshaw at any price, We wont sell Gabbidon at any price. Our women are not fat and hairy and smell of stale urine.

how would u know... uve been in league one the last 4 years whilst weve been analysing our prem chances

Analysing???, analysing what??? your chances are zilch mate, it shouldnt have taken you 4 seasons to work that out!

and it doesn't matter anymore mate does it, cos we are now in the same league as you, boy am I looking forward to hammering you lot twice this season, six points yet again !!!!

U Reds!!!

:city:

U England !!!

:englandflag:

That's funny, I seem to remember all the "lifelong" Cardiff fans that crawled out of the woodwork when Sam the Sham took over telling us that they would only be in the Championship briefly on their way to the Prem. Have you not made it yet then?

And how did spending all that money that Uncle Sam was generously donating to the club out of the kindness of his heart work out? Oh... yes. We were right weren't we? It wasn't his money he was spending!

Good luck filling that new stadium. I'm sure it will be a wonderful investment. For Asda.

comical_ali.jpg

We are bigger than Barcelona, we have a top premiership striker here that every club wants, we are not close to bankruptcy, Sam Hamman did not screw us, Peter Risdale was not responsible for the collapse of Leeds Utd, We wont sell Earnshaw at any price, We wont sell Gabbidon at any price. Our women are not fat and hairy and smell of stale urine.

haha i wish i could come up with a reply like that, unfortunatly my brain doesn't function well enough for that!

Chopra came from a Prem club where he struggled to make any impact and as a result had to drop down to play for the likes of Cardiff. :disapointed2se: The shame!

Nugent as gradually work his way up the footballing ladder,Bury youth then into the 1st team then got his chance at PNE and has continued to impress and will now get his chance in the prem.

Unlike Chopra it's still unknown if he will make it at the top level, I personally think he a good Championship striker but will struggle to make an impact in the Premiership.

Archived