IGNORED

Intervju In English With Kjartan Henry Finnbogason

bristolcitysweden

the fact he is having a trial with IFK, I think seriously lessons the chance of us getting him, chances are if he is offered a deal there, there is a very good chance he will take it, if he doesn't get offered a deal, you have to ask would be good enough to make a significant improvement to our team striaght away? and if not is he a better prospect than someone like Tristian Plummer?

Guest zider_head

seems like a level headed young player, good attitude, looking to further his career, speaks great english so thats a major bonus

seems like a level headed young player, good attitude, looking to further his career, speaks great english so thats a major bonus

Most scandinavians speak perfect english. They even pick up our accents really quickly too

If he signs hopefully he will pick up the brizzle accent really quickly!

Says if he gets the chance to join Goteberg he will :o

you could easily see by his body language he did not want to say YES to that question. At worst he has not made up his mind at best he wants to come to City.. probably somewhere in between. My guess is that City would develop him faster than Goteborg and he is much more in the shop window here. It remains to be seen whether GJ takes him on after his trial.

Guest Eamer

He looked a little uncomfortable with the interview overall I think. Didn't want to tell them yes he'd sign for them given the chance and did want to mention other teams he was looking at so thats good but I still think if he does get an offer from there he will go there. If he's as good as he is in the second video in regular matches though then I don't mind them taking him as he looked well uncomfortable on and off the ball.

He looked a little uncomfortable with the interview overall I think. Didn't want to tell them yes he'd sign for them given the chance and did want to mention other teams he was looking at so thats good but I still think if he does get an offer from there he will go there. If he's as good as he is in the second video in regular matches though then I don't mind them taking him as he looked well uncomfortable on and off the ball.

To be honest looking at his body language it looked as though he couldnt be arsed and didnt really want to be there. He wasnt exactly putting in much effort like some of the other players. You'd think he would be really trying to impress.

To be honest looking at his body language it looked as though he couldnt be arsed and didnt really want to be there. He wasnt exactly putting in much effort like some of the other players. You'd think he would be really trying to impress.

agreed, but he seemed a lot more keen to talk about the other places he'd been linked with (mentioning the fact the other club had Icelanders and that we were a Championship team). maybe not that impressed with the club he was presently on trial at?

agree with the comments about him seeming level headed and a nice chap. can really tell anything about where he'll move, but i think it's to our credit he has said he'll come on tour. that's quite a commitment considering that he'll be holding off a move to do that (and he looked certain that he'd be in Latvia). we'll see how he does when he arrives, but at least we know from the man himself that we are interested. let's hope if he's the next Eidur Gudjohnsen and we manage to get him on he books!

Picking up vibes on the interveiw he's not really interested in joining IFK at all, seemed very uneasy about the association with them.

Reading his body language further it looks like hes played his last game for Celtic and providing we can impress him, we are the club of his choice.

seems like a nice bloke who now just wants to play regular first team footy.

We have to get this boy.

We know GJ likes his players to have desire to play football for him so if KHF is as disinterested for us we won't be signing him. He looks like he's at IFK just to keep his fitness up and play a couple of games so he can be prepared for us!

The lad obviously has something about him technically, lets just hope he has the desire when he's in Latvia. As Elliot Benyon found out Latvian tours can be both the start and end of your City career!

Guest Eamer

That really was an awful training session. To be honest I reckon we should keep the cameras off him and let him get on with it when he's with us.

how boring is it watching some random person training for 3 minutes. IFK Gothenburg obviously did not have much news that day.

but i will add to the comments. He seems a good friendly guy and he was very honest in his interview and he looks as though he'll know what club is best for him to improve as a footballer.

join us Kjarten, You know you want to.

on the 1 minute 10 seconds of the clip. Was i the only one in the clip that was getting worried about what that guy was going to do in the bushes. I mean is all well peeing in the bushes but right next to a camara with someone being interviewed, No thank you :noexpression:

That really was an awful training session. To be honest I reckon we should keep the cameras off him and let him get on with it when he's with us.

Whats this "we" all about, Eamer, secret IFK fan are we? :whistle:

Seriously though, don't look too much into that training session at IFK, in the back of his mind he will just be thinking about Latvia and donning a BCFC shirt which will be a "real" test of his ability, no point injuring himself at some random club he has no intention of joining, thus scuppering his chances at AG, which is his prefered destination, and which is, tbh, a much more competitive club in a waaaay better league than IFK me thinks, that also applies to Celtic.

http://www.svenskafans.com/fantv/player/de...=0&list=all

looking at the website again, Theres a new video on it of the IFK Manager talking about Kjarten Finnbogason. Thing is though it is in Swedish.

i would appreciate it for someone who speaks Swedish/English to hear what he says and say what he says on the forum. But i guess it is just "yeah, pleased to have him, good lad with an exciting future" crap :innocent06:

looking at the website again, Theres a new video on it of the IFK Manager talking about Kjarten Finnbogason. Thing is though it is in Swedish.

i would appreciate it for someone who speaks Swedish/English to hear what he says and say what he says on the forum. But i guess it is just "yeah, pleased to have him, good lad with an exciting future" crap :innocent06:

I speak english, but think I would be of very little help here

What Stefan Rehn says is that Finnbogason got power and some pace. Has the ability to score. More of a forward running down the channels than a target player. Not 100 percent matchfit due to holiday.

KHF has now ended his trail period with IFK Gothenburg. From the earlier links we for sure knows he will go with City to Latvia. Today it was an interview with Håkan Mild (former Swedish national player) evaluating the trail. He said it was known from DVD:s that KHF was a scoring boxplayer but what was new to him was the pace, his size given (184 cm).

Cheers

Tommy

KHF has now ended his trail period with IFK Gothenburg. From the earlier links we for sure knows he will go with City to Latvia. Today it was an interview with Håkan Mild (former Swedish national player) evaluating the trail. He said it was known from DVD:s that KHF was a scoring boxplayer but what was new to him was the pace, his size given (184 cm).

Cheers

Tommy

Thanks for the update, lets see how he gets on if he goes to Latvia!

Archived