IGNORED

Name Of A City Away Shirt?

JudgeRed

My mate Mark was showing me a picture of a city shirt he has and both of us cant remember a year it was worn. It's an away shirt Blue?, & pale green, stripe's.

When i get more info from Mark i will put it on here.

Before anyone say's it is not the Aston Villa look alike one.

do you mean this one??
IIRC that was a limited edition 3rd kit that was used away against Stoke, Can't remember any other game it was used in.

Think it was out before we went to Wembley but not 100% sure. But wish we wore that at Wembley instead of the other crap kit.

Got a feeling it was 99-2000. Wore it at Stoke, Tinman lobbed Gavin Ward. Sunday afternoon. Went nuts. Good fun.

We then bought out our FOURTH kit of the season for Wembley which also featured blue :ranting: !!

My cynicism for the commersial impact on Football was well and truly born.

Got a feeling it was 99-2000. Wore it at Stoke, Tinman lobbed Gavin Ward. Sunday afternoon. Went nuts. Good fun.

We then bought out our FOURTH kit of the season for Wembley which also featured blue :ranting: !!

My cynicism for the commersial impact on Football was well and truly born.

It can't have been from the same season as Wembley. The above kit is made by Uhlsport. Our kits for the Wembley season were most definately made by Admiral...

I think it may be 1999-2000. That was the last year we had Uhlsport making our kits. And the season before we were in the Championship Division One and it wasn't that year.

I'm pretty sure it was that year. First season DAS were the kit sponser, and i'm sure I remember the likes of Steve Jones and Paul Holland wearing it....

• Admin
It can't have been from the same season as Wembley. The above kit is made by Uhlsport. Our kits for the Wembley season were most definately made by Admiral...

Definately the year we played Stoke at Wembley, cause I can remember buying and wearing it at Stoke for the league as detailed above - then can remember being pee'd off that the club brought another kit out that season for the AWS final !

Stoke away in the league was 14th November 1999

and AWS final was 16th April 2000

Wembley shirt was Admiral but the league shirts were Uhlsport. I think the Uhlsport franchise that City used went bust during the season.

Wembley shirt was Admiral but the league shirts were Uhlsport. I think the Uhlsport franchise that City used went bust during the season.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that we wore the Admiral shirt with the white strip down the arm with red collar, along with the green/black away shirt that year. But that was obviously the year after because we definately wore the green/black away shirt away to Stoke.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that we wore the Admiral shirt with the white strip down the arm with red collar, along with the green/black away shirt that year. But that was obviously the year after because we definately wore the green/black away shirt away to Stoke.

The green/purple Stoke kit was the Pulis season, when our home kit was red with white panels down the side and a v-neck collar. Those were made by Uhlsport. The Wembley kit was later in the same season, but made by Admiral.

Where the confusion may be arising is that the next season (Wilson's first), we had the red home shirt with the white stripe that you mention, but the away kit was dark green and black. We would probably have worn this kit at Stoke, possibly in the game where Scott Murray was sent off for "diving" in the area - but don't quote me on that, my memory is hazy at best!

Archived