IGNORED

Who's Out At The End Of The Season?

Guest Neo

With the 3 signings today; presuming Caskey and odymajigwotsisname prove themselves worthy of a year or so contract; who is gone at the end of the season?

I know a few are out of contract (don't know who though). What about others; anybody still got time left who we will cash in on as the squad is large to say the least.

Is it purely dependant on what division we are in or are some as good as gone?

Personally, I think we will still be about 4 players light if we did go up. If we don't, there are still a few I would bump out.

Anybody got any views; know whose out of contract etc.?

Its a long list of players whose contracts are up at the end of this season:

Bell, Carey, Peacock, Matthews, A Brown, Burnell, Hill, Amankwaah, M Brown, Woodman and possibly Coles, though he may have signed an extension, as did Phillips.

How many of those players will still be at the club next season will depend very much on whioch division we're in I suspect.

All I know are three out of contracts; Peacock, Bell and Aaron Brown.  There are others but I don't know who they are.
from last discussion on this a while ago now, add the following to the list:

Burnell

Carey

Hill

Matthews

Roberts

Woodman

M Brown

that's it I reckon - doherty, Phillips and coles all signed contracts at beginning of or during this season!

edit - sorry did this at the same time as Dave L!

Bell, Carey, Peacock, Matthews, A Brown, Burnell, Hill, Amankwaah, M Brown, Woodman and possibly Coles, though he may have signed an extension, as did Phillips.

thought the main site said Amankwaah had another year (when he was first injured I'm sure it was mentioned)

thought the main site said Amankwaah had another year (when he was first injured I'm sure it was mentioned)
His original contract was until 2004, but you're right, he may have signed an extension. I was working off a year old list.

Guest pentlandsl

Personally, I will be happy to see the back of Peacock and Roberts. One is too lazy and the other would be dangerous if he could think as fast as he can run - but he can't.

Here goes my City Fantasy Management :ph34r:

Based on the above and personal choice of who is good/bad/indifferent, this is who would go for me despite what division we are in :-

Louis Carey Mickey Bell Tony Butler Lee Peacock Mike Stowell Marc Goodfellow Lee Matthews Marvin Brown Sekani Simpson Darren Hawkins

This would leave

Steve Phillips Tommy Doherty Matthew Hill Luke Wilkshire Joe Burnell Lee Miller Brian Tinnion Aaron Brown Christian Roberts Danny Coles Kevin Amankwaah Craig Woodman Clayton Fortune Leroy Lita Darren Caskey Scott Murray Tony Rougier

Scott Brown would be added to the 1st team squad meaning 18 players. 5 new faces would need bringing in to make a squad of 23; for me this would be 2 full-backs, 1 centre-back 1 midfielder, 1 striker.

The abilities of the new players would be heavily based on what division we are in.

In terms of competition for positions, my squad would look something like the below (I have put players in positions I would prefer them in as opposed to where they have mainly played) :-

GK : Steve Phillips, Scott Brown

FB : Joe Burnell, Kevin Amankwaah, Craig Woodman, ANOTHER X 2

CB : Matthew Hill, Danny Coles, Clayton Fortune, ANOTHER

MF : Tommy Doherty, Luke Wilkshire, Brian Tinnion, Aaron Brown, Darren Caskey, Scott Murray, ANOTHER

ST : Lee Miller, Christian Roberts, Tony Rougier, Leroy Lita, ANOTHER

What would you do?

go=

Louis Carey Mickey Bell Tony Butler Lee Peacock Mike Stowell Marc Goodfellow Lee Matthews Marvin Brown Sekani Simpson Darren Hawkins

GK : Steve Phillips, Scott Brown

FB : Joe Burnell, Kevin Amankwaah, Craig Woodman, ANOTHER X 2

CB : Matthew Hill, Danny Coles, Clayton Fortune, ANOTHER

MF : Tommy Doherty, Luke Wilkshire, Brian Tinnion, Aaron Brown, Darren Caskey, Scott Murray, ANOTHER

ST : Lee Miller, Christian Roberts, Tony Rougier, Leroy Lita, ANOTHER

What would you do?

Neo

could agree with most of that although still not sure about Goodfellow, hasn't had much of a chance yet, so might be inclined to give him a season.

Also, Carey? is he that bad? Burnell however would be an excellent replacement for him at RB.

Will wait until I have seen Caskey and Rougier play for us before making a comment on them.

But Miller has got to be first choice striker from now on - shown the greatest ability, commitment and skill even when others around him have been rubbish. I'm sure he can't wait to get some decent service up front!

Neo

could agree with most of that although still not sure about Goodfellow, hasn't had much of a chance yet, so might be inclined to give him a season.

Also, Carey? is he that bad? Burnell however would be an excellent replacement for him at RB.

Will wait until I have seen Caskey and Rougier play for us before making a comment on them.

But Miller has got to be first choice striker from now on - shown the greatest ability, commitment and skill even when others around him have been rubbish. I'm sure he can't wait to get some decent service up front!

The problem with this, was trying to assess unsure of what division we are going to be in.

I might be too critical of Goodfellow; after all, he did show at the start of the season what he could do. But, he is so light-weight, it really is men against boys. If I could get my money back on him, I really would; he will not cut it at a higher level.

Carey I really rate. I suspect (like Goodfellow to an extent), my mind was more on Division 1 and could he really step up to that lelve and perform consistently? I certainly would have no problem if he stayed, however, if we did go up, would prefer to see somebody who has played more of his career at a higher level (with Burnell as back up).

Caskey and Rougier are unknown quantities with me, however, I felt both would have something to offer no matter which division we are in.

Hardes decision for me was whether to ditch Leapy. I truly do rate the guy. However, 1 current forward had to go. I didn't believe we would get any money for Roberts; plus I think he does bring something different to the squad other than unpredictability. I think Miller is the man to lead the line.

My only consideration was should we cash in on Leroy, presuming somebody else has seen a future for this lad. Personally, I remain unconvinced that he will ever truly be able to consistently perform, especially at a higher level.

I know he is young and learning, however, I see nothing more than an 1 average performance in 3.

I know a lot has been as sub, however, surely with his pace and tiring defenders, this should be perfect conditions for a young lad? All too often, he is completely ineffective. Harsh maybe, IMO true!

Bobby, would agree with Neo about Carey- he wont cut it in Div 1.

Actually I agree with his team period, other than Caskey, I dont really think he is what we need. I wait to be proved wrong on him, though.

I cant really see Goodfellow cutting it either, unlike yourself, like Carey a good Div 2 player, but not Div 1, and thats what out team should now be aspiring to, even if we havew another season in 2 after this.

Good defence, once Butler is gone.

Scotty will make our midfield a bit more potent, and its pretty good now.

Strikers, having service will give Miller & Roberts some much needed service, and Leroy, Tony and one other to make sure no one rests on their laurels.

Yep I can live with Neo's team, those exceptions mentioned.

I wouldn't expect Rougier to stay for longer than the end of this season.

He's 32 now and hardly set the 2nd division alight whilst with Brentford.

My guess would be, is that he has brought in to cover the injuries we already have and any future one we are likely to get, he will be no more than a bit part player for us.

So that would leave you scope for another Midfielder / attacker.

I would already be seriously looking at what will be availble on the bosman list for this summer.

Archived