IGNORED

Liverpool In The Big Time

Redmin

agreed

i think torres is going to suprise a few people next season.

can see him scoring plenty of goals when he adapts to the premiership

With a 27 million pound price tag it's going to be expected success and in no way will it surprise anyone. What might surprise people though, is that at 27 million he's still very much work in progress. Needs to be able to take the hits he will in the premiership.

Left foot, right foot, deadly in the air, damn quick and strong, but the physicality may just may be a big issue. He knows how to give it out, but taking it is a problem for him IMO. Lets see if he can adapt away from the comfort zone of Athletico Madrid. Rafa should help that and hopefully he won't go the same way as Morientes.

Finally Liverpool stop pissing around with players like Bellamy and put some serious money down for a world class player, something they've needed to do for the last decade if they want to compete with the other three.

Torres is a great signing, he is one of those players who has the goalscorers nack of being in the right place and then finding the net. On top of that he's still young and has his peak ahead of him and he suits Liverpool's pressure game.

Torres is going to make about the same impact on the Premiership as Shevchenko. 27m for Villa, I could understand.

I agree on this one, i can't see him producing the goods, he needs support up top and whos he got:

Crouch: same sort of player - obviously not quite as quick but alike torres in many aspects.

Kuyt: May mix with torres ok but isnt good enough IMO

Bellamy: Out of favour.

Torres needs a player like Rooney alongside him IMO as rooney can assist as many as he scores and on his day torres can be the perfect poucher!

I can see Liverpool placing Torres up top on his own for a lot of games and i don't know if this would work too well.

I think he will not prduce the goods in the first season, maybe he'll prove me wrong but i can see him coming to life the longer he plays for them.

Guest DanC
If they get him then they will be a true force to be reaconed with this season no doubt about it.

One swan doesn't make a summer.

Archived