IGNORED

Freddie Eastwood?

Pack’s Chin

I was just wondering, freddie eastwood, not sure where he is rumoured to be going but does not look like he will be staying at southend...... any news on this situation?? sounds like the perfect signing

According to football forum, he has agreed terms with Wolves!

U REDS

I was just wondering, freddie eastwood, not sure where he is rumoured to be going but does not look like he will be staying at southend...... any news on this situation?? sounds like the perfect signing

Gone today.........Wolves

Sherringham to Colchester.... :noexpression:

Sharp to Sheff Utd........

Beatie to West Brom

Cureton to Norwich

Five championship teams sorting their strikers out!

Still spose weve got Igmar Frogranhoggamrgassonnnnnn from Iceland!... :noexpression:

Come on GJ our turn please!!!!!

Has anyone heard anything on Leon Best? Last was he was on the verge of joning Coventry, but that was 5 or so days ago. I hope Gary is doing all he can to convince him to come to AG. He must of heard good things about the club when in the area at Yeovil.

Has anyone heard anything on Leon Best? Last was he was on the verge of joning Coventry, but that was 5 or so days ago. I hope Gary is doing all he can to convince him to come to AG. He must of heard good things about the club when in the area at Yeovil.

Was wondering the same thing? Stranger things have happened eh? Would Best, Finbar gas un plus what we already have be good enough though? Best and Finbar gas un are awfully young IMHO. We would be left with Jevo again!

U REDS

Comments about him on Scunnys homepage. They will sign Paterson from Stoke but have lost out on Best to a another Championship club, coulden't afford him. Read it at Grimsbys hopmepage by the way, they where also after Paterson.

Best is pretty much done deal with Cov, he wants to move back up north close to him, wanted a move to Forest as it's his hometown club, but since Cov have come in, the offer of being local to home and championship football is too good for him to turn down.

Of the strikers moving recently none of them were either affordable to us or of interest really, none of them I would have expected to be coming to City, unfortunatly we don't have the money to complete with the more established championship clubs at the moment,

Billy Sharp - No goals in the championship - £2m

Dave Cotterill - Never played in the championship, average at League 1 - £2m

Luke Varney - barely any goals in the Championship, though a good season in League 1 - £2m

£2m for Eastwood is just the going rate

people mention these various strikers, however look at the clubs they joined,

although we are now a championship club, we are not yet an ESTABLISHED championship club, that will take time on and off the field, until we build a reputation and establish ourselves in this league we are going to be able to compete in the transfer market with clubs like Wolves, Charlton, Sheffield Utd and others.

We are a small club in a BIG league now, some people are going to re-asses things because we are not a BIG club in a poxy league like last season and many before, we have alot to get used to,

Billy Sharp - No goals in the championship - £2m

Dave Cotterill - Never played in the championship, average at League 1 - £2m

Luke Varney - barely any goals in the Championship, though a good season in League 1 - £2m

£2m for Eastwood is just the going rate

Oh it is the going rate I agree.

Which is why i think it's stupid that people link us to these players. We haven't got £2 million to spend on an unproven Championship Striker.

If it were as simple as putting a price on players based purely on their achievements then anyone could do it.

People paid lots of money for those players not just because they were successful at league one, but mainly because they could see by watching them that they were indeed extremely good and would achieve at higher levels.

Sharp and Varney will score in the Prem in a year or two and in a decent side Eastwood would do very well in the Championship. Cotterill made a mistake skipping the Championship IMO, he needs more football. Wigan will probably be the only club who lose money on those deals and only then if they don't play Cotterill enough.

Archived