IGNORED

Grahamb

Bat Fastard

I had the honour to attend GrahamB's funeral today, along with Big Dave, Redtop and Pete Smith.

The Humanist service was very dignified, thought provoking and enlightened by the dignity and courage of the Family - particularly Matt, Emma, Sharon and Dawn.

Graham's departure was to the rousing strains of "Drink up The Cider" by the Wurzels. Graham was City to the core and would have loved such a send off. Lets all remember Graham on our first match in the Championship and cheer a bit louder to help fill the gap left by the passing of this massive lifelong fan.

I remember this time last year a horrible tragedy where a young lad called Luke when i was at college, attended my College, died in a motorcycle accident, his mum came on here and asked for us all to unite together and sing twice as loud and think of Luke as he loved the City, i knew him, not very well but well enough to know he was a nice lad with a whole life ahead of him, cut short by one moment of heartbreak, i'm sure he was smiling down from heaven as the boys did him and the rest of us proud, also rest in peace to Graham, for me if the lads can finish mid table this season they'll of done us proud, we just ask for commitment and passion, this year we had it all.

I've suggested it before on here but I feel we should have a "rememberance game" once a year where we can have a minutes silence (or applause!) for fans who passed in the year.

I mentioned it when another City fan died and people on here were asking for a minutes silence for him - lets have one a season for all fans but also any past players etc - maybe a roll call of honour as well.

I understand other clubs do it.

Some people may say it brings the atmosphere down but I get goose bumps with the big cheer after the sileince and the crowd seem to raise themselves after

Best wishes to Graham's family - lost my old man at Christmas, tough gig but onwards and fowards

What a fantastic idea Berkeleyboy. I lost a good friend and die hard City fan a few years ago and his name is on the glass plaque in the Dolman exhibition hall(was to be a brick!).

A minutes applause for those City fans or even Bristolians that have lost their lives in recent times would be excellent and I'm sure 90% of fans if not all would agree to it.

MM

I personally found Steve Lansdowns speech at the start of our first match last season very emotionally moving. He remembered all the city fans who were no longer with us and one lad in particular, possibly Luke mentioned above? That day would have been my Mother's birthday but she sadly is with us no more, she was a great fan and Steve's words put everything into perspective.

It was a great service that I was pleased to attend.

Matt, Sharon, Emma and Dawn showed great courage throughout and it was lovely to see so many people from Graham's life- family, football, chess, surveying and university included.

As Bat has said we left Graham with a touching rendition of Drink Up Thy Zider.

Graham will be sadly missed and though we have now said goodbye he will remain in our thoughts.

I remember this time last year a horrible tragedy where a young lad called Luke when i was at college, attended my College, died in a motorcycle accident, his mum came on here and asked for us all to unite together and sing twice as loud and think of Luke as he loved the City, i knew him, not very well but well enough to know he was a nice lad with a whole life ahead of him, cut short by one moment of heartbreak, i'm sure he was smiling down from heaven as the boys did him and the rest of us proud,

i used to have the privelage of playing in the same youth football team as him. Unfortunately i was on holiday at the time of his accident but was back by the time of his funeral. No-one told me and i only found out at the first game of the season when SL made the speeach on the pitch. He was a competitor in the shooting star competition and got through to the second round.

Also a great shame about Graham. Sounded like city was in his blood and its a great tragedy that someone who loves city as much as these 2 should have their lives ended.

RIP Luke and Graham.

I personally found Steve Lansdowns speech at the start of our first match last season very emotionally moving. He remembered all the city fans who were no longer with us and one lad in particular, possibly Luke mentioned above? That day would have been my Mother's birthday but she sadly is with us no more, she was a great fan and Steve's words put everything into perspective.

Yeah that was Luke.

I had the honour to attend GrahamB's funeral today, along with Big Dave, Redtop and Pete Smith.

The Humanist service was very dignified, thought provoking and enlightened by the dignity and courage of the Family - particularly Matt, Emma, Sharon and Dawn.

Graham's departure was to the rousing strains of "Drink up The Cider" by the Wurzels. Graham was City to the core and would have loved such a send off. Lets all remember Graham on our first match in the Championship and cheer a bit louder to help fill the gap left by the passing of this massive lifelong fan.

Very glad that some fans were there. Comiserations to his family.

Archived