IGNORED

Robbie Fowler

Southport Red

Robbie Fowler has been quoted in the Liverpool Echo as saying he has had no offers from either abroad, the Premiership or the Championship. I saw him a couple of times at Anfield last year and whilst he perhaps no longer merits the title of 'God' he was stillpretty useful and you could imagine that in one league lower could be devastating for a year or so.

If he really is looking at a trip to the job centre then why not make the guy a (stupid) offer? He has nothing better on and could provide goals and experience which we are going to need in our first season up. Not suggesting we pay truckloads, nothing like Prem wages, but something more than the zip n zilch he currently due to make next year - would be worth it in season ticket sales alone. I for one would love to have a City shirt with 'Fowler' on the back.

Robbie Fowler has been quoted in the Liverpool Echo as saying he has had no offers from either abroad, the Premiership or the Championship. I saw him a couple of times at Anfield last year and whilst he perhaps no longer merits the title of 'God' he was stillpretty useful and you could imagine that in one league lower could be devastating for a year or so.

If he really is looking at a trip to the job centre then why not make the guy a (stupid) offer? He has nothing better on and could provide goals and experience which we are going to need in our first season up. Not suggesting we pay truckloads, nothing like Prem wages, but something more than the zip n zilch he currently due to make next year - would be worth it in season ticket sales alone. I for one would love to have a City shirt with 'Fowler' on the back.

Me too, but I doubt the clubs accountants would like to see his wages on the books.

Fowler is quoted on Sky Sports News as saying he will play for £10k a match. This is still far more than any other player at City and could upset a few of the squad..

However just having RF at City could raise the profile of the club and put a few more bums on seats.

Everything fowler's said so far this pre season has hinted that all he's actually after is a game of football next year. As stated above, he makes enough money from various housing deals and horses. I'm not sure he'd even ask for 10k, i'd like to think that if he was made a small fuss of he'd welcome the chane to play in the championship for a year or two. The extra tickets sold and publicity will cover the costs.

Guest The Championship-Reality

RF is a player who loves football. I highly doubt he would come to City. However, there are alot of positives as most of you have pointed out such as experience and other credentials. Also he would most certinly be capable of getting at least 10 goals a season.

Puting him an offer wouldn't do any harm at all, even if he refuses. :city:

Fowler is quoted on Sky Sports News as saying he will play for £10k a match. This is still far more than any other player at City and could upset a few of the squad..

But surely the reports of us doubling our wage bill would more than match £10k.

If Sproule is as nippy as they all say he is :pray: would anyone keep up with him?

Probably not so get someone. Otherwise we'll se him stop file his nails whilst were wating for players to catch up!

MM

Why not offer him a deal? Because he's an absolute cripple?

I wouldn't mind him on a £3k per game £3k per goal deal but i doubt someone like him (£40 million odd in the bank) would settle for that amount of piss taking.

But that would be all he's worth to us. Had enough of good strikers who can't stay fit without another one.

Id rather drink my own piss than have Fowler on mega wages at City. Cus' lets face it, anywhere he goes, he's going to demand as much money possible. :disapointed2se:

Wast of space, might aswel look for a lucrative deal in the sun in the MLS, America. That would suit the **** :whistle2:

However just having RF at City could raise the profile of the club and put a few more bums on seats.

That's about the average championship wage really, i would like to see him at the g8 and also i don't think he'll upset anyone if anything he'll enhance our strikers with his coaching ability

Bring in fowler and see the ST rise further!

A trip to the job centre seems unlikely, if he just wants to play next season, he's got plenty of teams in the North West to turn out for.

Fourth richest footballer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4057485.stm

Of all the players on that list i'd say RF is the least worthy of being there. He is well past his sell by date and is not worth anything like 10k... move on people. :disapointed2se:

Of all the players on that list i'd say RF is the least worthy of being there. He is well past his sell by date and is not worth anything like 10k... move on people. :disapointed2se:

Give the ball to him in the 18 yard box, and he'll score.

He was more mobile, but his game was never about pace, it was about him scoring 4 times out of 5.

He'd be a great signing, never going to happen though.

And we play in red. Bit pie in the sky but I'm sure he would fit in here very nicely. At least bradley orr and the other liverpudlians

will love him. I'm sure he will be a great role model for the youngsters.

I personally would love to see him here, gracing the Ashton gate turf.

And we play in red. Bit pie in the sky but I'm sure he would fit in here very nicely. At least bradley orr and the other liverpudlians

will love him. I'm sure he will be a great role model for the youngsters.

I personally would love to see him here, gracing the Ashton gate turf.

How do you come to the conclusion he would be a 'great role model'?

In his prime he was often superb but I think he is well past it now and not 'the future'. Whenever I saw him on the box, admittedly in his earlier days, he was a petulant overly aggressive player. I suspect he has calmed down now but hardly 'role model' material. Unless of course, your idea of role models is way off the beaten track from the normal. :shocking:

Robbie Fowler...hhmmm?

Most of these posts seem to be from the (important) angles of either salary or fitness in relation to RF.

But I think character and motivation are equally, if not more so important with a senior player.

What will be RF's motivation?

Money?...he's got buckets!

Fame?...who doesn't know him already?

Loyalty..well, he's not from Bristol!

When it's freezing bloody cold on a training morning and your thirty-something knees and ankles are protesting about even moving from the central heating to the BMW, what will really get a mega-star moving--the prospect of a League Cup tie at Tourquay? No, under such circumstances it comes down to the charcter of the individual, the mark of the man. Will he "put in" because it's the"right thing to do"?

Look into his heart, not his wallett.

According to this mornings paper, It is believed that Fowler is wanted a on a one year deal by cardiff, paying him 8,500 a week...Then if promoted he will get a 800,000 bonus!

What do you think?

I've heard Leicester have offered him £25k a week.

Seems to me that an awful lot of posters on OTIB don't live in the real world.

How do you come to the conclusion he would be a 'great role model'?

In his prime he was often superb but I think he is well past it now and not 'the future'. Whenever I saw him on the box, admittedly in his earlier days, he was a petulant overly aggressive player. I suspect he has calmed down now but hardly 'role model' material. Unless of course, your idea of role models is way off the beaten track from the normal. :shocking:

He was hardly aggressive was he. He is still quality and the team would look up to him in my opinion.He would also be a great crowd puller.Bring him on

Archived