IGNORED

Naismith ...

Leveller

According to Ceefax today (and no doubt other places too) Rangers have pulled out. Celtic & Hibs are now favourites.

Are we completely ruled out? Yes I know he wanted to go to Rangers, but he also doesn't want to warm his bottom on an Old Firm bench. I don't think he'd walk into the Celtic team. Nor is Hibs a great move - if Ivan thought BCFC was a move upwards.

He may rather stay at Killie, though that's not a top notch career move either.

I appreciate he's said for various reasons he'd rather stay in Scotland, but I wonder how firm that is? His girlfriend's on a 5 year Uni course, but would that stop him from signing for a Premiership club? I doubt it.

So could we really show we want him & pinch him after all? Why not? I know it's big money, but if he's as good as they say, one really big signing might be sanctioned by SL. As for the girlfriend, Bristol has one of the best Unis in the country, and I'm sure another transfer could be arranged. Show them Clifton village, find them a nice flat, treat them like royalty ... you never know.

I think your flogging a dead horse.

90% of me agrees with you.

BUT.

I have a colleague that knows SL, and he's sure SL won't be putting £10M of his money down for players - he wants the club to stand on its own feet. However, he also feels SL would sanction a fee of £1-2 mil for the right player and that a Naismith deal may still be alive.

There are, after all, several targets we could have gone for in that range - Eastwood, Sharp etc. Yes they've gone to more established Championship clubs, and who can blame them. But did we bid? Perhaps Naismith (or AN Other) is still in our sights as a proven striker. Everyone knows that this is our main aim, and it maybe we're willing to pay the money for this special player. SL has more or less said you have to. GJ is quoted in the WDP today as saying be patient, that you don't necessarily sign the first player that you see, in case Roy of the Rovers comes along afterwards. So we may have a Roy of the Rovers deal up our sleeve, be it Naismith, Trundle or whoever.

Personally if we started the season with any three of Sproule, Grote, Naismith, Trundle, Finnbogasson

I'd be very happy.

90% of me agrees with you.

BUT.

I have a colleague that knows SL, and he's sure SL won't be putting £10M of his money down for players - he wants the club to stand on its own feet. However, he also feels SL would sanction a fee of £1-2 mil for the right player and that a Naismith deal may still be alive.There are, after all, several targets we could have gone for in that range - Eastwood, Sharp etc. Yes they've gone to more established Championship clubs, and who can blame them. But did we bid? Perhaps Naismith (or AN Other) is still in our sights as a proven striker. Everyone knows that this is our main aim, and it maybe we're willing to pay the money for this special player. SL has more or less said you have to. GJ is quoted in the WDP today as saying be patient, that you don't necessarily sign the first player that you see, in case Roy of the Rovers comes along afterwards. So we may have a Roy of the Rovers deal up our sleeve, be it Naismith, Trundle or whoever.

Personally if we started the season with any three of Sproule, Grote, Naismith, Trundle, Finnbogasson

I'd be very happy.

That would stop all the negative transfer posts!

That would stop all the negative transfer posts!

Too right! Naismith would be a devastating player at AG, if i was SL i would say "**** it" and stump up the 1.5m and get him on board, Naismith would jump at the chance to join us too.

****it, never going to happen is it? :(

Too right! Naismith would be a devastating player at AG, if i was SL i would say "**** it" and stump up the 1.5m and get him on board, Naismith would jump at the chance to join us too.

****it, never going to happen is it? :(

no, cant see it mate, sorry.

Archived