IGNORED

If You don't Like A Post, Why Reply?

the one thing that is annoying me as much as people moaning about the lack of signings, are the amount of people that respond to a negative post!

why do you feel the need to do so? if i don't agree with something, i just don't respond and to me, this is a lot more effective.

some people come on here deliberatly to wind people up, and they suceed. you can tell this by the way they will start off a post, then when everyone bites, they don't even tried to defend what/why they have written this.

surely the best way to respond to these posts are to not respond? seeing that a negative post has '0' replies says a lot more than moaning back???

Thats a good point, and I think it is very clear that all the negative posts gain far more responses then positive.

Does this mean that all footie fans really want is the chance to moan and complain on a forum?

I also believe the people who do moan, or post new topics that are bound to court controversy may get a bizarre pleasure from seeing lots of people reply to their initial comments, even if the reply is hyper critical.

Infact, I reckon we should call this FORUM FISHING - where you drop a piece of bait into the water and see how many bites you get.

the one thing that is annoying me as much as people moaning about the lack of signings, are the amount of people that respond to a negative post!

why do you feel the need to do so? if i don't agree with something, i just don't respond and to me, this is a lot more effective.

some people come on here deliberatly to wind people up, and they suceed. you can tell this by the way they will start off a post, then when everyone bites, they don't even tried to defend what/why they have written this.

surely the best way to respond to these posts are to not respond? seeing that a negative post has '0' replies says a lot more than moaning back???

i don't like your post (but felt the need to reply)

Thats a good point, and I think it is very clear that all the negative posts gain far more responses then positive.

Does this mean that all footie fans really want is the chance to moan and complain on a forum?

I also believe the people who do moan, or post new topics that are bound to court controversy may get a bizarre pleasure from seeing lots of people reply to their initial comments, even if the reply is hyper critical.

Infact, I reckon we should call this FORUM FISHING - where you drop a piece of bait into the water and see how many bites you get.

Could be right there or could be wrong, ask the master baiter R.R :phone::fish:

• Admin

I'm sorry but I don't agree with the sentiment.

Surely the raison d'etre of a forum is for debates to take place incoporating many differing viewpoints. If I make a post that someone doesn't agree with and they make a valid attempt to explain why they feel I am wrong in thinking that way then I have no problem with that and on the (very) odd occasion they may even do well enough to make me consider changing my views ;)

It would be very boring if every thread was simply a starting post with several variations of "I agree" in response.

However, if you mean the people who only reply "that's rubbish/stupid" then I would agree.

Could be right there or could be wrong, ask the master baiter R.R :phone::fish:

Hey there Glos Boy where you coming from MASTER I say my piece and enter my views on here,One thing for sure there are many many different views which make it interesting.

Hey there Glos Boy where you coming from MASTER I say my piece and enter my views on here,One thing for sure there are many many different views which make it interesting.

I'll go along with that, otib might not be a buddhist temple with everyone in peaceful harmony, but it stimulates heavy debate, and while you might disagree strongly with some posters, you have to admit it forces you to look at things from a totally different perspective.

The problem is that a forum can be so impersonal, some very clever and well thought out posts are added here every day, but its impossable to exactly convey what you are trying to get across becuase your fellow forum buddies cant see what kinda face your pulling and instantly see it as an act or war or somthing and so the flaming begins...

I'm no better, Jeezuus, reading some of my posts back from a few days ago (or even an hour ago!) i think WTF was i thinking!!, that REALLY didnt come out how i remember i typed it, and by which time its too late to edit becuase Eamer or someone has highlighted it out and your public enemy No1. :laugh:

Bring on the new season, much prefer talking about matches and tactics than looking for cheap thrills baiting other forum members. :city:

i understand the sentiment and i do understand when people post something that gets a reply but they never return to finish the discussion. However this is a forum and it is used for discussion purposes so i'm not sure we can moan about people replying to posts.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with the sentiment.

Surely the raison d'etre of a forum is for debates to take place incoporating many differing viewpoints. If I make a post that someone doesn't agree with and they make a valid attempt to explain why they feel I am wrong in thinking that way then I have no problem with that and on the (very) odd occasion they may even do well enough to make me consider changing my views ;)

It would be very boring if every thread was simply a starting post with several variations of "I agree" in response.

However, if you mean the people who only reply "that's rubbish/stupid" then I would agree.

I agree, but would say so in a less elegant and confrontational manner.

I post to challenge a way of thinking or to be challenged in mine. If you try to explain why someone is wrong in your opinion or right it makes for a much better forum. Conflict (discussion) is the whole point and the reason i come on here.

but as far a fishing goes, it is quite fun to wind morons up. I do laugh when i get insulted, and not challenged.

Actually i think there should be more of the "watchers" posting i agree/disagree, it actually might reflect a truer representation on a matter.

Some just talk utter shit though don't they and with mindless confidence!?... this doesn't make it interesting, just frustrating even laughable then and now...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78085&st=45

If You don't Like A Post, Why Reply?

'cos it's provocative.

I said all I needed to say on the matter in Big Red Rich's thread, yesterday.

Goodnight Vienna and I'm off for a pint with a friend.

before pint with friend

Some just talk utter shit though don't they and with mindless confidence!?... this doesn't make it interesting, just frustrating even laughable then and now...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=78085&st=45

after pint with friend !!

Archived