IGNORED

Comings And Goings

Reading between the lines - I think Johnson is frustrated with the lack of movement as well - i wonder if he feels he's being let down by players he's after or by the board?

I'd be suprised if it was the board not pulling their fingers out, Johnson has always been very complimentary about lansdowns ability to make things happen. Could be that GJ has struggled to attract the quality he believes will improve our squad due to the fact we're not yet an established championship outfit. That would be my guess. Although i'd like to think that most of our signings would have been agreed towards the back end of last season on the premise that we gained promotion. Not sure it's quite as easy as that though.

I'd be suprised if it was the board not pulling their fingers out, Johnson has always been very complimentary about lansdowns ability to make things happen.

I tend to agree with you - and i suppose in a straight fight between us an an established champ side a player will usually go for the established outfit.

Could be that GJ has struggled to attract the quality he believes will improve our squad due to the fact we're not yet an established championship outfit.

As above - also we will never know if we were seriously in for some of the players who have been linked on here and in the newspaper - so i suppose we can but sit and wait!

Archived