IGNORED

Message To G.j. & Steve L.

Rowley Birkin

It worries me to death that we still have no left sided players apart, from young Jennison.

We have 65 right wingers but naff all on the other side.

We were chatting about this the other day, and came to the conclusion that Wilson must be favourite for the right back position, as Bradley, for all his passion, we reckon struggle at this level. (Hope we're wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time !)

Up front goes without saying, we need at least two quality proven strikers, as what we have up there already, is a complete mystery to me, is how we got promoted in the first place!

It said it all how many times Jamie was thrown up front, when we were desperate for a goal.

And the lynch pin, which is vital, is an experienced rock of a player in midfield, in the Graham Kavanagh or Thomas Gravesson mould , to release the likes of Nobes and Lee to weave their magic.

It stood out like a sore thumb when we went up last time, teams marched straight through us, and the casing point was when we played Brum, Barry Horne in his later years as a pro, dictated the whole proceedings.

Unless we get players in these positions, better than what we have, I think it's going to be a very long season.

I worry our board are just looking to be above Scunny and Blackpool, plus another ?

Steve Lansdown is quoted as saying he'd be happy to finish fith from bottom , which is a worry in itself, as obviously he thinks four teams get relegated !

Well to be honest, I and everyone I speak to, want's to be slightly better than that, not knocking on the door of the premiership next term maybe , but sitting nicely in mid table, along side the likes of Plymouth, Cardiff etc.

Our support is unquestioned, but finances from above seem to be lacking in our collective ambition. (Or at least publicly)

When you see other teams throwing money around, and our chairman's a regular fixture in the richest Chairman leauge table, it's a concern how deep his pockets are, and how short his arms are.

How about showing us some ambition Mr Chairman, and throwing a big slice of your wad towards Bristol City Football Club, (not loans !) then we really would feel that you have the club in your heart.

You would be a legend, and it would show us 100 % commitment to the cause.........which is all we ask. :fingerscrossed:

We were chatting about this the other day, and came to the conclusion that Wilson must be favourite for the right back position, as Bradley, for all his passion, we reckon struggle at this level. (Hope we're wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time !)

orr will be our first choice right back and deserves his chance, keogh will be second choice.

wilson can do a decent job for us on the left if needed, but a natural left footer wouldnt go a miss

orr will be our first choice right back and deserves his chance, keogh will be second choice.

wilson can do a decent job for us on the left if needed, but a natural left footer wouldnt go a miss

Sorry completely desagree.

Wilson's a right sided player, who when played on the left cuts inside every time. (Cannon fodder to any decent right back at Championship level)

We need an out and out left footer, who can do his man, get to the bye line and cross a ball.

I would even consider gettin Aaron Brown back, than having this glaring imbalance, and weakness in the side.

I wouldn't disagree with too much of that. Wilson will make right-back his own IMO at some point this season as Orr's weaknesses will most probably be highlighted even more against top left wingers in this league.

Given our new found status, we've all been calling for realism in the transfer market which is the right call. We don't know for sure who GJ's gone for, if he's gone for many players at all.

Judging by players that have joined other clubs this summer I'd have gone for Ryan Smith from Derby, Richie Wellens from Oldham, Sproule (to be used as a first choice right winger) and got someone like Lee Martin on a season long loan to complete the midfield. Then gone for back up at left back, maybe in the form of Stephen Jordan recently released from Man City, an experienced keeper to challenge Basso and two strikers, one with Championship level experience and one long term investment.

By that, I don't mean paying millions in transfer fee's but we could maybe have got someone from a Premiership club on a season-long loan, like Birmingham did with Bendtner last year, and payed a decent sum for a hot property.

Can't help but think the squad's far too thin on the ground if we go in to the campaign like this...

Archived