IGNORED

What Strikers Are Still Available?

reddogkev

Considering that so many sought after strikers have already been snapped up by other clubs, it is worth asking which strikers are still available, and who would be able to come in and resolve our problem of not having a championship class striker?

I can think of a couple of names - though this is only intended to be a quick example of strikers still going - please add to this list with your suggestions...

- Franny Jeffers - currently being chased by Ipswich - latest bid is £350,000 - Blackburn reported to be looking for nearer 1 million - could we hijack this move, and would we be able to tempt him to AG?

- Lee Trundle - already been a lot of talk about him on this forum, is he a realistic option, and would he do a job at this level?

- Izale Mcleod - much debate over this player, and serious doubt about whether he would be good enough for championship level - my guess is probably not.

- 1 from Rowan Vine or M Forsell at Birmingham - both decent strikers at this level - may be surplus to requirements at Birmingham now they are in the prem. Vine was consistent high scorer with Luton.

Who else is available at the moment?

P.S - should we consider a season long loan deal for any young unknown prem strikers?

i would love to see trundle down here, in my opinion he is the class we need up front for the championship and he can turn the game around in a matter of seconds when he gets the ball and i have been always very wary of him when we played swansea.

Mikael forsell has been linked with us a various number of times but nothing is happening there and rowan vine I'm not sure about.

if were looking to bring a young striker on loan surely anthony stokes is worth a look at as sunderland never gave him a good chance in the championship and we could give him the chance to score goals in this league or maybe somebody like besian idrajez he played for liverpool yesterday and got a hatrick and also had a loan spell at luton.

but the striker i want to see down the gate is stern john when we played coventry and he came on he really did turn the game around for coventry not just because of his goal but his all round play was top quality, and he is surely supless to requirments at sunderland ! he rarely started for them in the championship so i can see him starting in the prem.

Considering that so many sought after strikers have already been snapped up by other clubs, it is worth asking which strikers are still available, and who would be able to come in and resolve our problem of not having a championship class striker?

I can think of a couple of names - though this is only intended to be a quick example of strikers still going - please add to this list with your suggestions...

- Franny Jeffers - currently being chased by Ipswich - latest bid is £350,000 - Blackburn reported to be looking for nearer 1 million - could we hijack this move, and would we be able to tempt him to AG?

- Lee Trundle - already been a lot of talk about him on this forum, is he a realistic option, and would he do a job at this level?

- Izale Mcleod - much debate over this player, and serious doubt about whether he would be good enough for championship level - my guess is probably not.

- 1 from Rowan Vine or M Forsell at Birmingham - both decent strikers at this level - may be surplus to requirements at Birmingham now they are in the prem. Vine was consistent high scorer with Luton.

Who else is available at the moment?

P.S - should we consider a season long loan deal for any young unknown prem strikers?

To Answer your question probably 1000's of strikers are available. Why do they have to be english based?

They certainly don't just have to be english based - but I barely have enough time to keep up with players available in this country - let alone our european neighbours - but if anyone knows decent strikers we could go for from foreign shores, then add their name(s) here.

As for the liverpool striker, I have never heard of him, but if he scored a hat trick yesterday - he could be a very worthy loan acquistion, and I like the shout of Stern John - he would do a damn fine job at the gate - good names to throw in the hat.

Archived