IGNORED

Fingobason (sp?)

Southport Red

Do you think that this guy is ours if we want him? The comments from the Gothenburg manager the other day smacked of putting a brave face on being rejected I think. Te guy said that Fingobason (sorry I know I've got the spelling wrong) was fast, tricky & a goal machine but not the sort of player they were looking for. Even allowing for dodgy translation that sounds rather odd. I was just wondering if it was a sign that the player had turned them down because he knew he still had his City trial to come - could be a high risk strategy for the lad if true.

What do you think?

Do you think that this guy is ours if we want him? The comments from the Gothenburg manager the other day smacked of putting a brave face on being rejected I think. Te guy said that Fingobason (sorry I know I've got the spelling wrong) was fast, tricky & a goal machine but not the sort of player they were looking for. Even allowing for dodgy translation that sounds rather odd. I was just wondering if it was a sign that the player had turned them down because he knew he still had his City trial to come - could be a high risk strategy for the lad if true.

What do you think?

l really hope this guy signs as l've got a good feeling about him.... saying that l had that about Bridges.

From what lve heard this guy knows how to hit the back of the net, something that we really need at the moment.

Gary said in his interview on BCFC world that he wants to come, I agree with the comment about wages and performing badly above I think hes looking pretty certain (touch wood etc). Its good to see the good comments about him as I spoke to a mate whos a scottish football follower and hadnt really thought he was that great (but then he is a rangers fan). We could do with an enthusiastic youngster up front just hope he is a bit tougher than Jennison

I'm a little worried people might be expecting a little too much from this young lad. Its fair to say that probably 99% of us have never seen him play as he has been stuck in Scottish reserve football for the last 2 years. I agree, On paper and from what we have heard, he COULD turn out to be a very good player and I'm quite excited about the prospect of him signing as I'm sure Celtic wouldnt be offering him a new deal if he was no good. I just hope that if he does sign, we don't expect him to bang in goals like he was for Celtic reserves because that is a very big ask.

I seem to remember a certain Steven Gillespie coming down with a similar reputation and a similar goalscoring record for Liverpool acadamy and Liverpool reserves.

Finbogasson does appear to have the physical attributes already in place which I think was one of Gillespies problems.

l really hope this guy signs as l've got a good feeling about him.... saying that l had that about Bridges.

From what lve heard this guy knows how to hit the back of the net, something that we really need at the moment.

To be fair, your feeling about Bridges probably was still correct. He was different class.

He sounds a good promising player but id be worried if he was the only striker we signed, I mean we are pretty much relying on an unproven youngster to score our goals. Plus Enoch and Jevo have pretty much already failed at this level, Brookers probably going to be injured most of the season again by the looks of it and again Plummers an unproven youngster.

Think him and a more proven experienced striker would be a good, but I'm worried hes going to be the only striker we sign.

He sounds a good promising player but id be worried if he was the only striker we signed, I mean we are pretty much relying on an unproven youngster to score our goals. Plus Enoch and Jevo have pretty much already failed at this level, Brookers probably going to be injured most of the season again by the looks of it and again Plummers an unproven youngster.

Think him and a more proven experienced striker would be a good, but I'm worried hes going to be the only striker we sign.

When has Jevo played at this level before?

Baring in mind the amount of goals scored in league one by our current strikeforce I can do nothing but agree with you wholeheartedly

Ye he was thats what I'm talking about. Ask Grimbsy fans what they think of him and it pretty much proves my point.

Phil Jevons is a Grimsby legend and loved at the Pontoon stand. He scored the winner away against Liverpool in the League Cup for example. In his last season his opportunities where restricted as Grimsby did not wan't a clause in his contract to fall out. Mostly he came on as a sub. I remember one of their die hard fans saying "What could they offer that we couldn't"? when he signed for Yeovil. The answer was more games under his belt and a certain Gary Johnson.

Phil Jevons is a Grimsby legend and loved at the Pontoon stand. He scored the winner away against Liverpool in the League Cup for example. In his last season his opportunities where restricted as Grimsby did not wan't a clause in his contract to fall out. Mostly he came on as a sub. I remember one of their die hard fans saying "What could they offer that we couldn't"? when he signed for Yeovil. The answer was more games under his belt and a certain Gary Johnson.

That goal he got at liverpool was a cracker. Heres link to it, Jevo Strike, if only he could do that more often for us.

What do you think?

Maybee a dodgy statement but my translation is spot on.

Guest ashtonyate

What do you think?

It could be he was not good enough they could hardly say he was rubbish could they to all my fans I will be back soon

I've never seen Finnbogasson play so I'll withold judgement until I do.

Some will say, if he was that good why no appearances for Celtic?

I'll say, let's see.

I've seen Sproule's goals on You Tube and he looks a good right winger.We now have four of them, one being Betsy who looks to have all the attributes yet doesn't perform IMHO.Sproules set to miss the first four games anyway.

I've seen Brooker, Showunmi, Jevons, JMW & TP and if we go into the QPR game with those players leading the line and the first away game, I'll be a worried man.Brooker's already doubtful and we haven't kicked a ball yet.

If we're going to play 4-4-2 we need to sign two quality strikers-One up front and we can sign one, but he has to be quality.

I'd have no problem with Jevo leaving for a fee of £200/300k to a League One/Two club because I can't see a Championship club coming in for him.JMW may be more likely to make an impact as a sub or a left winger.Sign a left winger (Grote) and a striker and he may well go out on loan.ES & SB are injury prone, especially SB.

Archived