IGNORED

Kevin Philliphs Or Lee Hughes

Red Robin

Apparantly wba will not guarantee him first team footy this coming season,according to the NOTW he is avaliable what do you think.

Another not mentioned is Lee Hughes a goal scorer will allways score goals I think he will be avaliable soon.

I'm fully aware of the history but a very good goalscorer and will have taken his punishment.

Sure both would score goals in this League.

Kevin Phillips - Sheff Utd

Lee Hughes - Oldham

Hold up a minute why would Philips go to Sheff utd? I know he was linked in the notw today, but lets face it most of what they print is tat any way. The reason we wont get philips is his age it appears to me since the Mr Cluless was our manager (when he signed holland, mortimer, beadle and jones) we no long shell out big money i.e. 100k+ on players above 30 because we will not see any financial return, i.e. mark robbins who had we signed I'm sure we would have been promoted back then what was it 5 seasons ago? This is why the likes of fowler being talked about is utter nonsense because mr lansdown wont shell out on the big wages and signing on fee. Some may argue that this makes financial sense, personally i'ld love to see either philips or fowler, both would score us 20+ goals but it aint going to happen :disapointed2se:

Hughes signed for Oldham last week I think. I would have a serious problem supporting him in a City shirt given his past. Second chance or not.

Hughes signed for Oldham last week I think. I would have a serious problem supporting him in a City shirt given his past. Second chance or not.

He certainly was going to sign, but there was a big fuss regarding his past.

If you look at what he did, I for one would struggle to support him in a City shirt.

Many fans who rang a national radio station were of the same opinion.

Evening Tom, nice to see you putting yer pennysworth back into the forum again.

Personally, I'm really hoping something happens on the striker front fairly soon for our lot.

Been chating to a couple Cardiff and WBA lads over the weekend, and they reckon were easy fodder!!!!

don't want to agree, but just where are the goals going to come from?

I think we will see a season long loan come in from a prem team, some youg-un, I'm not a fan of season long loans but it seems to be happening more and more, Ive heard good things about Lee Barnard from spurs in the past, Chris Eagles from Man u will be a good player, maybe its worth a look??

Guest barnsley

I can think of a couple of young un's who sound good

Idrijaez? Scored hat trick v Wrexham yesterday

Liverpool just signed a 16 year old from Barcelona who Barca say will be 1 of the best strikers in years to come

Lee Barnard

Scott Sinclair (Chelsea)

Evening Tom, nice to see you putting yer pennysworth back into the forum again.

Personally, I'm really hoping something happens on the striker front fairly soon for our lot.

Been chating to a couple Cardiff and WBA lads over the weekend, and they reckon were easy fodder!!!!

don't want to agree, but just where are the goals going to come from?

Sadly Arny they are right as we sit tonight,the GK/Defence/Middle are fine,however those players must be slightly concerned what is availiable to them upfront to score the goals.

Personally I just cannot get my head around the situation,the facts were there this season in league 3,we had a major major problem gettng goals,how many times were we struggling and ended up putting Mccombe up front to grab a winner.

It really beats me.

Lee Hughes is a disgrace and I don't think that any club should employ him after what he did regardless of his ability. The fact of the matter is he was driving dangerously, he knocked over and killed someone, drove away and further more didnt even report it. A complete coward in my opinion.

Lee Hughes is a disgrace and I don't think that any club should employ him after what he did regardless of his ability. The fact of the matter is he was driving dangerously, he knocked over and killed someone, drove away and further more didnt even report it. A complete coward in my opinion.

Agree totally, an absolute toerag. Could never warm to the scumbag at AG.

Hey, he's at Oldham, he's their problem, the guy is probably finished anyway.

Yep, that sums Lee Hughes up perfectly, the coward killed someone by driving dangerously and drove off to leave them to die, great role model for the kids.

Can't believe there is a chairman desperate enough to employ a scumbag like Hughes, how sad.

Archived