IGNORED

Would We Have Wanted These 2 ?

headhunter

Just chatting to a disgruntled Brentford fan and in conversation the following two moves were mentioned :

Kuffour : left Brentofrd on a free for Bournemouth ; we were definitely in for him as a transfer deadline signing - which suggests he would have been good enough for 07/08 in the eyes of GJ

Abbot : has joined Darlington from Swansea for £100k. Moved to Swansea last year for £250k [?] and has been on our wanted list in the past ; move suggests he couldn't settle in the south.

Would either of these appeased those who are concerned about our apparent transfer market apathy?

I stand by my view that GJ seems reluctant to sign any experienced Championship player for reasons we can only speculate on. Look at it this way : Colchester struggling by Christmas .... bye bye Geraint Williams ... up steps the respected Teddy Sheringham for his first managerial appointment

Just chatting to a disgruntled Brentford fan and in conversation the following two moves were mentioned :

Kuffour : left Brentofrd on a free for Bournemouth ; we were definitely in for him as a transfer deadline signing - which suggests he would have been good enough for 07/08 in the eyes of GJ

Abbot : has joined Darlington from Swansea for £100k. Moved to Swansea last year for £250k [?] and has been on our wanted list in the past ; move suggests he couldn't settle in the south.

Would either of these appeased those who are concerned about our apparent transfer market apathy?

I stand by my view that GJ seems reluctant to sign any experienced Championship player for reasons we can only speculate on. Look at it this way : Colchester struggling by Christmas .... bye bye Geraint Williams ... up steps the respected Teddy Sheringham for his first managerial appointment

But Colchester are facing a dressing room revolt according to some papers yesterday because of what Sheringham is being reportedly being paid (£6k p.w) . Just what you want going in to a new season.

............and down go Colchester with inexperienced (as a manager) Teddy Sheringham in charge!!

Archived