IGNORED

Who Do I Complain To?

Red Head

I have just come back from Ashton Gate where I wanted to get a juvenile ticket for my 4 yold son in the Dolman stand. They asked for £16 because he wasn't sitting in the family section.

I sit with my other son in the Dolman stand, naturally I wanted my boy to be as close as possible to me as he is only four.

If I want this peace of mind and protection I have to pay an extra £9, what kind of lunatic policy is this in the dangerous times we live for children?

I will not be blackmailed into paying this,as a result he will miss out, so will BCFC on his admission price.

He will probably cry when his brother and I get ready to go to football. You certainly got it right Sexstone!

I wrote this yesterday, I want to make my feelings known to the club, does anyone have the correct address I can send my letter/email to?

Thanks in advance.

Try: colin . sexstone @ bcfc . co . uk

or stephen . lansdown @ bcfc . co . uk

I totally agree with you. This is a blatant attempt to squeeze more money from the fans (of the future as it happens on this occassion), which will kick in whenever there's a big game and tickets are in short supply (i.e. forcing people to pay the higher prices becauses the junior areas have been sold out).

Short term gain.... long term loss?

I have just come back from Ashton Gate where I wanted to get a juvenile ticket for my 4 yold son in the Dolman stand. They asked for £16 because he wasn't sitting in the family section.

I sit with my other son in the Dolman stand, naturally I wanted my boy to be as close as possible to me as he is only four.

If I want this peace of mind and protection I have to pay an extra £9, what kind of lunatic policy is this in the dangerous times we live for children?

I will not be blackmailed into paying this,as a result he will miss out, so will BCFC on his admission price.

He will probably cry when his brother and I get ready to go to football. You certainly got it right Sexstone!

I wrote this yesterday, I want to make my feelings known to the club, does anyone have the correct address I can send my letter/email to?

Thanks in advance.

Madness..

Thanks in advance.

The e-mail addresses you need are as follows:-

totallyoutoftouch.chiefexecutive@bcfc.co.uk

prdisasterdepartment@bcfc.co.uk

buggeroffyoulowincome-peasant@bcfc.co.uk

Good luck!!

• Admin

Thanks in advance.

I do appreciate the fact you wouldn't leave a four year old alone in another section of the ground, but I doubt very much if any generation, ever would have.

I can see the position the club are coming from, if there are sellout matches, they don't want all the prime seats sold at juvenile prices, but it does seem that once again, the way these things are put across irk the majority of fans.

I do appreciate the fact you wouldn't leave a four year old alone in another section of the ground, but I doubt very much if any generation, ever would have.

I can see the position the club are coming from, if there are sellout matches, they don't want all the prime seats sold at juvenile prices, but it does seem that once again, the way these things are put across irk the majority of fans.

It is obvious to most people with an ounce of common sense that instead of the Commercial Department "winging it" and annoying people on the back pages of the local media with inflammatory comments, a more measured and professional approach to PR is badly needed at Ashton Gate.

So it's a case of take the quick buck, and no thought of losing a potential fan for the rest of his life.

Reading posts like this on here really makes me wonder whether the club really does care about its loyal fans.

Usually when a company is this insensitive to its customers the cause is the way the executive's incentives are structured.

I wonder if Sextone is getting a bigger bonus for for the average unit price than he is for the total seats sold.

So it's a case of take the quick buck, and no thought of losing a potential fan for the rest of his life.

Reading posts like this on here really makes me wonder whether the club really does care about its loyal fans.

Thanks for your support

I have written a polite email to CS, I expect I will get the corporate policy line stating there is nothing he or the club can do, but they do sympathise profoundly,

or tell him to get a paper round so he can fund the other £9, we don't really care as long as we get £16!

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you just change your current season tickets to the Family Stand, then both your boys could come with you.

Why don't you just change your current season tickets to the Family Stand, then both your boys could come with you.

Do you have children? His lad is only four years of age. It is unlikely that he is ready yet for a season ticket at Ashton Gate. I have a five year old son who will be going to selected games from now on until he shows enough interest to come every week. I am presuming that this guy wants his son to come to a few games at Ashton Gate to get him into the swing of things. "Just" moving yourself and your other child to a different section of the ground to accommodate that is possibly a bit OTT don't you think?

brings up another point, should you have to sit in a specific part of the ground just because you want to take your kids to watch the team you've grown up supporting. I think it's utter rubbish the way we watch football has changed over the last 20 years but i understand that a lot of the changes have been made for "safety reasons". i can remember being passed over the turnstyle every other saturday when i was young, the club have benefitted 5 or 6 times over by letting my old man take me down the gate for nothing (or the occasional price of a kids ticket). i'm not saying that kids should get in for free like back then but it's not a great long term policy pricing families out. 20 years time and we may see the results of this policy.

My 4 year old will not be able to watch a full season, night matches and winter matches affect him greatly, therefore not financially viable this year. Besides, why should I move after 4 years in my seat - I sit with my old mates that followed City in division4, they have their kids who are all now friends.

My 4 year old will not be able to watch a full season, night matches and winter matches affect him greatly, therefore not financially viable this year. Besides, why should I move after 4 years in my seat - I sit with my old mates that followed City in division4, they have their kids who are all now friends.

Suggestions:

- buy the cheaper ticket then let him sit on your lap or you may find there is an empty seat nearby. People will usually move a couple of seats if it is a one off.

- buy the cheaper seat and let your older son sit there and then the 4-year old can sit with you.

I don't agree with the pricing policy but these are couple of ways around it.

Thanks in advance.

I tried to e mail Colin Sextone today on the same subject and my email kept bouncing back so I have put my complaint in writing. I took my grand daughter Chloe with me last season to all the home games and didn't object to paying £6 for her to sit next to me in my season ticket seat. I will inder no circumstances let an 8 year old sit down in the family enclosure away from me. These children are the fans of the future but at £18 a ticket to sit next to me is disgusting. I have considered asking for my season ticket money back and just pay for selected games. My grand daughter has been going to ganes with me since she was 3 and is as mad about City as I am. How do you tell an 8 year old that you cam't afford to take her. Sort it out City!!

Thanks in advance.

Write to Steve Lansdowne. Mark the envelope "Private and Confidential". I've done it myself and in all fairness to the man, he sorts out the problem!!

'If I want this peace of mind and protection I have to pay an extra £9'

I say pay the extra £9.00. you can save that all back up by going to one match and not buying a programme or any food and drink at the match, plus for that £9.00 your kid will be safe which is a big price today in todays world..

But I agree with you, i think the club should perhaps review this, let me know of the outcome..

Guest zider_head

Wjat sort of father would want to take a 4 year old in a adult area with all the swearing ? Righly or wrongly thats what the family area is for, use it or shut up mate simple really

Wjat sort of father would want to take a 4 year old in a adult area with all the swearing ? Righly or wrongly thats what the family area is for, use it or shut up mate simple really

Swearing is real life. Swearing is only words and syllables. A four year old probably wont even notice. My son has sat with me in the Atyeo since he was 4 and he doesnt swear or has never even mentioned anything about swearing. I think you are missing the point of this post.

Swearing is real life. Swearing is only words and syllables. A four year old probably wont even notice. My son has sat with me in the Atyeo since he was 4 and he doesnt swear or has never even mentioned anything about swearing. I think you are missing the point of this post.

No, the point of this post is that everyone wants life to be the same as last season, except we have better players and challenge for promotion.

I'm flying back to the UK this weekend- my seat is the same price as my 4 year old, my 7 year old and my nine year old - should I complain?

In this instance would suggest you ask the club if you could swap your ST for the game in question to the family stand- of course you will need to choose a game that is not a sell out and then I would expect your request to be accommodated. If the game is a sell out then would expect the seat to be sold at the full price- while in any event probably best to avoid the sell outs with a 4 year old!!

Archived