IGNORED

Sky Broadband

Northern Cider-Dude

I am, but I can't remember which one I'm on. We're paying £5 a month though whatever it is. I've got a feeling it's mid?

Apart from a few problems I've had with emails not long after having it installed, I can't really complain about it. It's cheap, does everything I need it to do, and apart from losing the connection a few times (then I had that with Telewest/Virgin anyway) it really hasn't let me down. To be honest the connection thing is probably down to the fact that it's Wireless though, because I also have it wired up to another computer in the house, and there is never a problem with connecting to that one.

I've got it on the max package and have had nothing but trouble with it. WIFI boxes that don't work slow or no connections, connections dropping in and out some of the worse customer service I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. I'd say stay away don't go anywhere near it. I'm just about to buy myself out of the contract

I have the max package on sky(up to 16mb),did have trouble with e-mails but this was a nationwide problem on sky,something to do with their servers.With sky you need the router connected straight to your BT master socket,the first socket where your phone line enters the house,a lot of problems can be caused if you use extension leads/sockets,another factor depends how far away from the BT exchange you live,the closer you live the better connection you should receive depending on the quality of your line and your internal wiring.I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop connected to my router at the same time,1 desktop by ethernet cable,1 desktop + laptop by wireless,ethernet is the better option as with wireless you could get interference and you could loose speed/connection the further away from the router you are,again this also depends on your wireless card etc on receiving the signal.I have a 10mb connection for the price of £10,so i am happy with that.

Archived