IGNORED

Chopra Bid Accepted, Not By Us Though

simon uk

5 million from sunderland according to the bbc. This puts cardiff with a good few quid in their pocket to recruit a replacement (Robbie Fowlers wages?). Also, this tells us the sort of money that our rivals are picking up. West Brom got 11 million quid in the other day. Charlton sold Bent for 16, and Chopra, who I don't think is that great is apparently worth 5! This shows the problems we have looking for £400k forwards, it will have to be a masterstroke to get anyone in for that sort of money who is going to have an impact.

Si.

How can he not be that great when you've never seen him. And if you say Uve seen him on Sky, he scored in almost all our sky games! 5 million were being ripped off.

He's not as good as 5million. He's had one good season. 2, maybe 3 million at the most yea. Is a good player though.

How can he not be that great when you've never seen him. And if you say Uve seen him on Sky, he scored in almost all our sky games! 5 million were being ripped off.

He's a good player don't get me wrong could be a great player. Got a lot to prove though as 5 mill is a lot of money off the back of one good season. However I reckon he'll do the job.

Makes Earnshaw look like a bragin for Derby!

He's a good player don't get me wrong could be a great player. Got a lot to prove though as 5 mill is a lot of money off the back of one good season. However I reckon he'll do the job.

Makes Earnshaw look like a bragin for Derby!

I was just thinking of Earnshaw, who I reckon is a cracking player. I don't mean to cause offence, Chopra is good, but he had plenty of chances for Newcastle in the Premier League and never made it, did moderately well for Barnsley, and ended up going to Cardiff for £500k. He obviously had a very good season last year, but when people speculate about lita for about 5-6 million, and he was in the mid-teens in the premier league last year, that is a big transfer fee for Chopra, who I wouldnt say would score that many goals to keep sunderland up next season.

Si.

This is gettign ridiculous, people saying "we need a twenty goal a season striker", look at teams like Huddersfield, Milwall and Donny last year, they all comfortably survived in our league , where were their twenty goal a season strikers

The whole striker debate is aobut getting someone better than what we've got because 15 league one goals probably means about 8 championship goals, whereas 20-25 league one goals means about 13-15 champ goals which would be good enough probably to keep us up.

We are never going to sign players like Chopra, they are PROVEN championship players who will only improve.

We are newboys and the 23rd best team in the division as things stand!

Would Robbie keane go to Derby from Spurs? Cos thats what its like saying

is this the same Chopra who played against us while on loan to Bradford, from Newcastle a few years ago? I seem to remember he had flashy silver boots on but was not great at all, and was either sent off or substituted. Nice bit of business for Cardiff - who bought him for 500k though.

Barnsley, got sent off during a 0-0 I think at the Gate.

What utter crap back then.

5 million from sunderland according to the bbc. This puts cardiff with a good few quid in their pocket to recruit a replacement (Robbie Fowlers wages?). Also, this tells us the sort of money that our rivals are picking up. West Brom got 11 million quid in the other day. Charlton sold Bent for 16, and Chopra, who I don't think is that great is apparently worth 5! This shows the problems we have looking for £400k forwards, it will have to be a masterstroke to get anyone in for that sort of money who is going to have an impact.

Si.

Yeah great isn't it....? Think how much Finbar (Finboggason) is going to be worth at the end of the season after he's bagged 20 goals....mint eh...?! And all for a nominal fee....

There are plenty of strikers out there - they just need to be sought out.

Si.

So why does that interest us ? Surely we are only interested in who City are signing or is that just me...

Si.

you don't need to spend millions. look at kevin Doyle. 70K to reading

you don't need to spend millions. look at kevin Doyle. 70K to reading

exactly, it's all about the scouting,

however as we have seen plenty of times in the last year or so, if we were to sign another kevin doyle, there would be the usual comments of,:-

who?

sounds crap?

ever scored in england

why are signing players from Lincoln/Boston?

never heard of him, must be shit?

etc........

when in fact the majority of signings we have made over the years who we have never heard of, have turned out to be better than the players who have cost loads and we have heard of!

yet some still think we should be going for players like Fowler and Hasslibaink!

exactly, it's all about the scouting,

however as we have seen plenty of times in the last year or so, if we were to sign another kevin doyle, there would be the usual comments of,:-

who?

sounds crap?

ever scored in england

why are signing players from Lincoln/Boston?

never heard of him, must be shit?

etc........

when in fact the majority of signings we have made over the years who we have never heard of, have turned out to be better than the players who have cost loads and we have heard of!

yet some still think we should be going for players like Fowler and Hasslibaink!

Whilst I agree, you have to give credit to us for being so enthusiastic over Sproule and Finnbogson, whom none of us have actually seen yet.

Proof that we are positive sometimes over unknown entities.

Whilst I agree, you have to give credit to us for being so enthusiastic over Sproule and Finnbogson, whom none of us have actually seen yet.

Proof that we are positive sometimes over unknown entities.

thing with sproule is.........he is only really unknown to us, or people south of the border, quite a well known player in scotland, hence the amount of stuff on youtube.

was working in Dublin on the weekend with a few lads who work in our glasgow office, when I mentioned his name, very much a case of ei, I hate that c@@t

Would have thought this was a good bit of business for C*rdiff, selling him for 10X what he cost. Strikes me Keane paid over the odds after 1 albeit very successful season, when the more established Nugent went for £6M.

I am not devastated that a dangerous player has left one of our fiercest rivals to play in the Premiership.

Archived