Senior clubs1

Years Club App (Gls)*

1998-2003 Liepājas Metalurgs 96 (40)

2004 Shinnik Yaroslavl 08 (0)

2005 Venta Kuldiga 06 (0)

2005- Liepājas Metalurgs 33 (23)

National team

2003- Latvia 16 (4)

Not too bad a record!has scored at international level as well. Will wait and see on this one!

And something else on there as well:

Bristol City are handing out many trials on there Latvian tour a couple of players from Slovania rumoured are Nastja Čeh and Valter Birsa. Valter Birsa is also being watched by Plymouth and other Championship clubs.

cant see him having a trial with us to be honest. Far too good for us IMO.

• SC&T Board Members
"Bristol City are giving Latvian Striker Ģirts Karlsons a trial, when they visit Latvia for there tour."

From the rumours website - no other comments or evidence. But probably not interesting enough to invent!

Could be something in this. Anyone speak Latvian?

'Bristol City' is mentioned in this interview with the player on a Latvian sports site (conducted last Friday). Scroll down to his answer to question 11.

Latvian sports website

If nobody can decipher it sooner, I've got a translation of that question and answer coming tomorrow.

Could be something in this. Anyone speak Latvian?

'Bristol City' is mentioned in this interview with the player on a Latvian sports site (conducted last Friday). Scroll down to his answer to question 11.

Latvian sports website

If nobody can decipher it sooner, I've got a translation of that question and answer coming tomorrow.

First, I don't speak Latvian at all, but know how to find online translation software...

Anyway, some words in the article may or may not tell a story:

izturet pārbaudi = to bear the test, to pass muster

pec ilgām pārbaudēm = after much heart searching

es negribēju jus aizvainot = no offence

I will of course defer to any Latvian speakers

Make of these translations what you will...

• SC&T Board Members

My Latvian-speaking contact tells me that the quote from this chap re City was: "I went to England to see the management of Bristol City and they want me to stay there for a trial".

Sounds like he may be one of mystery extra trialists.

QUOTE(Evy11_BCFC @ Jul 12 2007, 2:16 PM)

And something else on there as well:

Bristol City are handing out many trials on there Latvian tour a couple of players from Slovania rumoured are Nastja Čeh and Valter Birsa. Valter Birsa is also being watched by Plymouth and other Championship clubs.

cant see him having a trial with us to be honest. Far too good for us IMO.

i agree with giles, i would love to see him down ag but he looks too good. here's a video for all you youtube fans

Nasta Ceh

some of the goals are amazing and his freekicks are awesome!

Danzinio

I've even heard of him! He must be too good for us!

He plays for Club Brugge... well I assume he is still there... not sure he would come to City. But he looks very useful.

If Naster Ceh comes to the gate I am going to wear my red 'CHE' T shirt... perhaps bring a few spares along and hand em out. Our very own CHE... awesome!!

Since he came here people have been saying that GJ should use his contacts in Latvia to bring in talent at affordable prices. Ceh would a prime example of that.

What I don't quite understand is why we need to give a guy like this a trial and why he would submit to one?

I suppose it's so we can see how he gets on with everybody, but that's a bit of a luxury. He's not at Bruge anymore, so is he a free agent? If so maybe there is a question over his fitness.

He plays for Club Brugge... well I assume he is still there... not sure he would come to City. But he looks very useful.

If Naster Ceh comes to the gate I am going to wear my red 'CHE' T shirt... perhaps bring a few spares along and hand em out. Our very own CHE... awesome!!

Actually now playing in the Russian league for Khimki...strangely, Russia has a two week break and it finished yesterday, and Ceh actually played 60 minutes

so it would be strange timing for a trial.

Oh, and voted man of the match in the last game..

Archived